From Japan

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
astel
My tercel:: AL-25 CORSA SEDAN

From Japan

Post by astel »

Hello!
I am Japanese. And, I had owned the AL-25 Corsa 4WD sedan.
Now, I am glad that there is a very nice site.
I expect to be able to interact with everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: From Japan

Post by dlb »

welcome, astel. when did you own your 4wd corsa? do you still have it? we never had them over here in north america so if you have any more pictures of yours, you should post them.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

That is awesome, great to have you join! you have all of the great models and options that for some reason they never import to North America. It looks like yours is the same base model, but a sedan rather than wagon.

What kind of carbonation does your come come with? do you know the hp rating of your engine as it comes?

What is it like having an older car in Japan, I have been told stories that it is very costly to keep a car on the road as it ages because of regulations and mandatory inspections and replacement laws. It would be nice to hear the actual story.

Can you still get parts? Can you get us parts?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome, astel!
Your body style is one we did not get in North America; a 4-door "notchback" sedan (i.e., a sedan with a trunk=boot).
Our body styles were a 2WD 2-door hatchback, a 2WD 4-door hatchback, and 2WD and 4WD wagons.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Interesting, I didn't realize there were no coupes or sedans in North America for the second gens!
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Petros wrote:welcome to the forum!Can you still get parts? Can you get us parts?
In particular, engines and the 6-speed transmissions - and particularly the latter.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
astel

Post by astel »

Hello.I am pleased, in reply from you.
I can understand a little English,Please forgive me for my English is strange.

----
to dib;
>welcome, astel.
Thank you :D

>when did you own your 4wd corsa?
I was riding on it is that the previous 20 years maybe.It's a '89 model.
It was the third generation as AL2 # type in Japan.
There is no selector knob of 4WD, it was push-button.It was replaced with a second generation of it front face.

>do you still have it?
Recently, I was able to buy it in mint condition.It is the second generation as AL2 #.

>if you have any more pictures of yours, you should post them.
Ok.I would be able to show you to everyone some pictures.

----
to Petros;

>welcome to the forum!

>you have all of the great models and options that for some reason they never import to North America
Yes,I know,But I am surprised that 'CARIB(TercelWagon)' has been loved all over the world.

>What kind of carbonation does your come come with? do you know the hp rating of your engine as it comes?
Sorry.I can't catch the meaning of 'carbonation' .
Do you ask to me that the engine of Japanese specifications ?

>I have been told stories that it is very costly to keep a car on the road as it ages because of regulations and mandatory inspections and replacement laws.
Yes,Keeping the old cars in Japan is difficult. Law is one of the reasons, but the Japanese who are interested in the car is low.
Also, I think people who believe do not need a car too old a lot. With the exception of the special car.

>Can you still get parts? Can you get us parts?
Sorry,
Recycling Law is strictly, to store the stock yard in Japan it is very difficult.
End-of-life vehicle stage will be dismantled immediately. Therefore, to collect the parts of old cars is difficult.

----
to ARCHINSTL ;

>Welcome, astel!
thank you!

>Our body styles were a 2WD 2-door hatchback, a 2WD 4-door hatchback, and 2WD and 4WD wagons.
Yes , I knew.
But There is no in Japan 2-door sedan EL3 # model.
I have stayed in a few weeks in the United States when I was high school student, EL3 # model remains in the impression of great design.

>In particular, engines and the 6-speed transmissions - and particularly the latter.
I know that was sold a while ago if automatic transmission with 3A-U for the 4WD. I do not know 6F.
----
to irowiki;

Your car is not it Corolla Tercel?
When I was staying in San Diego, I saw well as the E30 Corolla.

----
Astel
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

astel: Yeah, it is a 1981 Toyota Corolla Tercel! :D

Saved her from the junkyard, and have been working on restoring her ever since.

Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

astel wrote:----
to Petros;
>you have all of the great models and options that for some reason they never import to North America
Yes,I know,But I am surprised that 'CARIB(TercelWagon)' has been loved all over the world.

>What kind of carbonation does your come come with? do you know the hp rating of your engine as it comes?
Sorry.I can't catch the meaning of 'carbonation' .
Do you ask to me that the engine of Japanese specifications ?
I have owned a number of Japanese made cars, I do not care for the large and unreliable cars made in Detroit, but have perferred the imports since I was old enough to drive. After my first Japanese made car, a 1971 Datsun/nissan, I have loved the cars from your country ever since. I think the 4x4 Tercel wagons is one of best little 4x4 cars ever sold in North America. Tough, reliable, economical, good capacity for such a small car and four wheel drive!

Sorry about the typographical error, I mean what kind of carburetor, the device that mixes air and fuel together before it goes down the intake manifold and into the engine. We have these small two barrel carbs that limits power output and are not particularly efficient. They are remarkably reliable however despite their complexity.

and yes, the power out put on your domestic engines, what is it?
astel

Post by astel »

to irowiki;

Oh,She is cute !
Do you went camping as a family with her?
I looks very fun.

At the time she debuted, I was about 6 years old, I remember that I was shocked.
She though it is a FF compact car, design conservative different with Honda and Mini Cooper.
I thought the cool and smart her.

astel

Post by astel »

Petros wrote:
I have owned a number of Japanese made cars, I do not care for the large and unreliable cars made in Detroit, but have perferred the imports since I was old enough to drive. After my first Japanese made car, a 1971 Datsun/nissan, I have loved the cars from your country ever since. I think the 4x4 Tercel wagons is one of best little 4x4 cars ever sold in North America. Tough, reliable, economical, good capacity for such a small car and four wheel drive!
Datsun! It is very popular in the United States. Was it picked up? Did Z? Did sedan? Fans are many both in Japan.
AL2 # has been forgotten .... Maybe .... :>
Sorry about the typographical error, I mean what kind of carburetor, the device that mixes air and fuel together before it goes down the intake manifold and into the engine. We have these small two barrel carbs that limits power output and are not particularly efficient. They are remarkably reliable however despite their complexity.and yes, the power out put on your domestic engines, what is it?
All right.

V Carburetor with 3A-U (SCV) engine has been installed in my car.
'V Carburetor' is the SU Carburetor manufactured by Toyota. Single type was installed.
'U' is the meaning of low-pollution equipment with.
'SCV' swirl control valve. It is a device that generates the turbulence in the cylinder.

Specifications in JIS-standard gross
83ps/6000rpm
12kg/3600rpm
I remember that it was.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

astel wrote:to irowiki;

Oh,She is cute !
Do you went camping as a family with her?
I looks very fun.

Yeah, myself, the wife, and the two year old!

It is not fun packing that small trunk, so glad we're getting a wagon!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I had the first generation Datsun 510, with the L-16 engine and independent rear suspension. Great little car, still popular in the US as a vintage import, becoming a collectable. I owned two, first one was a 1969, not running and did not have time to fix it so I sold it for $100, second one, a 1971 two door 4-speed, I bought as a daily driver for $600 with 91,000 miles on it. I drove it another 100,000 plus miles over 6 years and did a lot of nice modifications to it. It got overheated and U blew the head gasket, I did not have time to fix it so I sold it for $600 as-is. Now it would be worth a lot more. It was a great car and I have regretted selling it.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Hi Astel, welcome to the forum! :) I hope I helped you get to this forum! :) Anyway, love to see your Corsa! :)
K-Business