Tercel4wd aka ToyotaCarib from Russia Sakhalin isl

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
sakhalin

Post by sakhalin »

Good day time. Hello all
I am from Russia, I live on island Sakhalin from Japan not far.
I drive my Toyota Sprinter Carib 84 year, with right steering wheel.
Here is information on histories of this machine and my photo

First generation (on base Tercel - AL25) with 1982
1982 - time of the appearance most ideas SUV (sport utility vehicle - atheletic-utilitarian machine). The Compact suv with disconnected by full drive had a big success on the market. But its unique design of the back part of basket has influenced upon many future models.

Second generation (on base Corolla - AE95) with 1988
Conceptual similar to the first generation, this car debut in 1988. The New mechanism Fulltime 4WD with option changeable clirens.

Third generation
(current - on base Corolla - AE111/114/115) since 1995
Appearance powerfully changed aside and more atheletic look. The Model has seen the light in 1995, but continues be released and on now.

Foto my car now on reconstructions. I am lift it on 3 inch. Litf kit self made.

\[EMAIL=rinshuk-31@rambler.ru\]rinshuk-31@rambler.ru\[/EMAIL\]
Tercel Marseille
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987

Post by Tercel Marseille »

I can't see photos !! Is it because of my computer or it's the same for everybody ? :huh:
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

I can't see the photos either!

Welcome to the forum sakhalin!! It is good to have you here.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

cant see the photos either
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

I just figured out the pics do work, they are just too slow for the forum to load. If you right click on where the pics are supposed to be, click 'properties' and copy paste the picture url into a new ie window, and press enter, the pics will load. Just super slow.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Here is one of the pics of his car:
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
sakhalin

Post by sakhalin »

Excuse me, My hosting provider now is very slow speed. Today I change
hosting. In future i am plan made link for video of my car. Very best video.
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

nice car, i didnt know there was any toyotas in rusia
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Nice to finally have a Russian on our site. Are the Caribs popular there? There seems to be alot of info and pictures on Russian web sites, and it seems to indicate that you got the Japanese version of the car, name and all, rather than the European version.

Is that lift for real? That would be an incredible fabrication job. So far as I know, noone has accomplished a lift anything like that yet, and still had the car functional. I see you've got the front crossmember and swaybar off, you must be planning to make new ones?

I see the beautiful snow-covered road in the picture - do you get a lot of snow? I'd like to know more about the area you live in and what life is like there.

Anyone who hasn't noticed, check out the blue bumper and the clear corner lenses with the sealed beam healights - these are Japanese parts.
clbolt
Top Notch Member

Post by clbolt »

From what I've read, a lot of used Japanese cars were shipped to Russia after the fall of the iron curtain. They had a huge available market, and the older Japanese cars would have been scrapped anyway, so it was a win/win. Now if only I could import some of the "good" parts, like a pair of the smaller bumpers.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Holy cow... What are those in the lower pictures? They look like the tires on my moms Excursion!!
What is the tire size for both sets?
Did you solve the issue of the tires coming in when you lift up? Lengthened axle shafts and other hardware?

That thing looks awesome!!
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
xaserII

Post by xaserII »

Love the car!!!
its great looks just like mine. i love the aggressive rear end, looks like tons of clearance.
Im sure that everyone here would like to see how you lifted it 3 inches me espessially!
I dont know why toyota didnt make the terc with a lift. i mean really...
great job
x
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Awesome car, sakhalin!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell me if you can locate any Sprinter Carib 4WD cars from the 1982-1987 era, in Sakhalin, for sale. I live in Wellesley, MA in the United States of America and i'd love to get my hands on a nice Sprinter Carib from that era that is in excellent to mint condition inside and outside, and extra to super clean inside and outside. If you can locate a 1984 Toyota Sprinter Carib 4WD with fender-mount sideview mirrors and a 3-SPD Automatic Transmission and a black interior, green exterior, mint condition and super clean inside and outside, and Left Hand Drive, if any, please give me a buzz at coolkevin366@yahoo.com and tell me what you found. Thank you. I'll definitely accept any AL25 Sprinter Carib from the 1982-1987 era, but an automatic version with fender-mount sideview mirrors would be better. Thank you. :rolleyes: :) ;) :blink: B) :rolleyes: </span></span></span>
K-Business
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

terceldude wrote: Awesome car, sakhalin!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell me if you can locate any Sprinter Carib 4WD cars from the 1982-1987 era, in Sakhalin, for sale. I live in Wellesley, MA in the United States of America and i'd love to get my hands on a nice Sprinter Carib from that era that is in excellent to mint condition inside and outside, and extra to super clean inside and outside. If you can locate a 1984 Toyota Sprinter Carib 4WD with fender-mount sideview mirrors and a 3-SPD Automatic Transmission and a black interior, green exterior, mint condition and super clean inside and outside, and Left Hand Drive, if any, please give me a buzz at coolkevin366@yahoo.com and tell me what you found. Thank you. I'll definitely accept any AL25 Sprinter Carib from the 1982-1987 era, but an automatic version with fender-mount sideview mirrors would be better. Thank you. :rolleyes: :) ;) :blink: B) :rolleyes:
Giant green text not necessary! I think the fender mirrors are a JDM thing. JDM cars are right hand drive. Why don't you get the Sprinter Carib emblems and mirrors and put them on a Tercel? To legally get a foreign market car into the US, it needs to be 25 years old. According to what I've heard, they'll dump your mint condition car into the water at the US docks when it arrives if it's not brought over legally. Plus it will probably cost you at least $2000 to ship a car around the World.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

<span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='color:orange'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>GasolineFumes, it is necessary. I want my voice heard!! Second of all, I will bring it over legally. I like the Sprinter Carib, because some AL25 models of the Sprinter Carib did actually have fender-mount mirrors, see here:
<a href='http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r9847776' target='_blank'>http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... 9847776</a>
Second of all, I think the Sprinter Carib is a cooler version of the Tercel, see here:

<a href='http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r10584943' target='_blank'>http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... 0584943</a>

I believe that the AV-II model of the Sprinter Carib is the Japanese model of your Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. See here:

<a href='http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p23831088' target='_blank'>http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... 3831088</a>

That pretty much sums it up. Later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span></span></span> :rolleyes: :) B)
K-Business