Road test Overlander Magazine February 1984 scans

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Road test Overlander Magazine February 1984 scans

Post by Mattel »

If I was going to try and sell a road test cut out of a magazine on ebay I would probably not show high resolution scans of all those pages. Fortunatly for us someone else did.. So I screen grabbed them.

I love these old tests. The Reviewers seem to really like the Tercel especially it's "Super Responsive" 3a-c. Although they call the tilt-o-meter a "Wank" haha. Seriously though they say that the Aus version has a different ratio gearbox than the States.. who knew this?

BTW Euro bumpers and red paint make this car look really good. Not sure why there is no badge on the grill.

please enjoy
Pg01..jpg
Pg02..jpg
Pg3..jpg
Pg4..jpg
Pg5..jpg
Pg6..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Road test Overlander Magazine February 1984 scans

Post by terceldude »

That article is currently being sold on eBay right now! :) Are you the seller? :)
K-Business
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

No, I just screen grabbed all the previews for our viewing pleasure :)
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

hehehe, well I now want any Off Road Australia, 4x4 Australia, Wheels mag. or Modern Motor tests of the Tercel 4wd scanned and put into here! :) Mattel, I currently saw an Australian market Tercel 4WD Accessories Catalogue back in 2007, I think, being sold on eBay, only available to eBay Australia..This included some AE95 brochures etc. Do you think you could find out the item number of that auction, who it was sold to, and then see if you can buy it (the accessories brochure) and scan it in to this site for all our members or make sure I can buy it, per se? Do you know if eBay or similar sites for eBay has a way you can look at past auctions dating back to at least 2007 as well? ;) Thanks.
K-Business