My 84 SR5

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

56k users, BEWARE!

Here it is:

Its missing the leather boot for the 4WD and the other one is pretty torn.

This gives you an idea of how it looks like there.

That "clean" engine.

Looks bad, I don't now how "fixable" it is.

Oh, oil!

P.S.: I finally bought a digital camera!
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Looks great to me!! Nice car! :P
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Thanks, but you don't see the small "details" like the faded paint.

Some more pics:

This is probably my problem.
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Congratulations !! We are the saviours of the Tercel 4WD !!!! :P It still breaks my heart when I see good solid body Tercel wagons at the junkyard, and I know it's just a matter of days before they will be a cube of scrap metal and plastic. I rescued SR5 aluminum wheels off an '83 model a couple weeks ago.....gonna use those for my winter tires, after paint removal and polishing ! B)
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Of course, and I'll be buying A LOT in a few years, hopefully to save them and establish a good selection of parts and for my engineering developments. That's why I will need an electrical and mechanical engineering degree and a hard-to-find ceramic engineering degree. By learning one car a lot of people can be made happy driving a 17-22 year old car. Breaks my heart when I see I have no money to stand on to buy those cars with good shells. :angry:
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

That's a decent looking car...no rust. That corner will be a bear to get right...due to the edges being off....but remove the lenses and you can knock the low spots out from inside. Good solid car though.

....build me a ceramic engine..... :lol:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

You've got bubbling paint on that fender. Good sign of rust.
You ought to see the fading paint on my 84. I need to sand her down and clear cote the bare metal. Coat. Whichever you like. Maybe Kote suits your fancies. Anyway, It will be interesting, and will be something to do until I get a real paintjob. Or at least on the rusted spots before they get bad.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

takza wrote: That's a decent looking car...no rust.  That corner will be a bear to get right...due to the edges being off....but remove the lenses and you can knock the low spots out from inside.  Good solid car though.

....build me a ceramic engine..... :lol:
I don't know about the ceramic engine but you could help me test the 6 puck ceramic clutch I hope to build someday as well as my 'high performance' brake pads. I'm going to take pictures of the rear with the tailgate open so you can see the damage, I don't know when though, kinda busy with school. Oh yeah, I don't know how soon I'm going to get the ceramic degree so you can go ahead and have a complimentary skid plate, how about that? I am probably also going to get a message that will say when I update my signature: "You have exceeded the maxium amount of lines for your signature. Please, sell some of your cars!"
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Typrus wrote: You've got bubbling paint on that fender. Good sign of rust.
You ought to see the fading paint on my 84. I need to sand her down and clear cote the bare metal. Coat. Whichever you like. Maybe Kote suits your fancies. Anyway, It will be interesting, and will be something to do until I get a real paintjob. Or at least on the rusted spots before they get bad.
Unfortunately, it has some rust. You should see the screws holding the plastic molding on the bottom of the door. We could have a competition to see who's 83-84 metallic silver paint is more oxidized. For some reason the silver paint in those years seem to deteriorate faster than the 85-88 ones. I'm going to put up with the bad paint on both of them, but attempt to rid of some rust before it gets worse on both as well.