My '85 SR5 Tercel

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
brianp
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '85 4wd SR5, 220k miles

Post by brianp »

Hi, here's my 1985 Tercel SR5 wagon, it's in amazing condition, I think, It's my first car, and I've been learning how to drive a stick shift with it. (I think I'm pretty good now, no more stalls or lurches :) )

It seems to be in original condition, no modifications at all, I might do something later on down the road, but nothing right now.

-Brian Plett
McMinnville, OR

'85 SR5 4wd, A.K.A 'Peach", 221k miles!
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

That is amazing! How many miles? Are you sure it's 20 years old? It looks much newer than that. :)
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Yes that is indeed very good. Take care of it. You have one of the nicest on the board, if not the nicest.
brianp
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '85 4wd SR5, 220k miles

Post by brianp »

It has about 146,000 miles on it, it has a couple paint chips, and one of the previous owners was a smoker so there's a smoke smell, but besides that, everything seems fine. My dad and I were suprised at it's condition, I've seen much newer cars in much worse condition, so I think it's a great find.
-Brian
'85 SR5 4wd, A.K.A 'Peach", 221k miles!
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

Wow! And on top of that the interior is clean! We could use pics of a car like yours to put on the main page. Excellent. That reminds me of the 85 SR5 Tercel that I had the opportunity to buy. I've been suffering ever since. In addition, it had 110K, but had a blown engine. The interior wasn't as nice as this one, but the other one had pretty good paint. Oh well. I didn't have $300 at the moment. :angry:
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"