My 86 2WD wagon

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
clbolt
Top Notch Member

Post by clbolt »

I picked this one up in North Carolina about 6 years ago, after the original owner traded it in on a new Volvo at about 200k miles. At that point it was still running the original cap, rotor, wires, and I believe the original plugs, one of which was totally bridged with carbon. The rear strut shafts had worn approximately 1/2" through the metal cap on the strut body. I changed the plugs and drove the car almost 1000 miles home the next day.

I changed the struts not long after I got home. The ignition components waited till this year. We hit 250k miles on January 9, and currently the mileage is at about 256,500. I just installed a Holley rebuilt carb a couple of weeks ago, which restored the idle and gas mileage. Now to fix the A/C.

The paint is original on all but the left fender and the 2 right doors.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

neat looking ride! look looked after

The only Tercel we have ever had in Australia (and I think Europe) is the 4wd wagon makes it a lot easier when calling wrecking yards and organising parts

cheers, Matt
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
ludehawk

Post by ludehawk »

looks great!
ya, mines all original as well... except the clutch and starter now.

needs a good overhaul.... details on the replacement carb? $$?

lemme know if you ever want foggies.... they really helped my lighting and cost ~$10!
clbolt
Top Notch Member

Post by clbolt »

I found the carb on ebay. It was a Holley reman (in the box) for an 82 Tercel, but it took very little to make it work on the 86. It ended up costing me $62 shipped.
josha

Post by josha »

that picture looks like it was taken in 86' off the showroom floor! 256K? looks amazing, you dont see cars that old looking like that in minnesota
clbolt
Top Notch Member

Post by clbolt »

I rolled over 263k yesterday while driving home from North Carolina. Right now the car has about 500 pounds of cargo in it, including a rebuilt 4AC long block. I haven't washed the Tercel in over a week, and it's really starting to bug me.