Driving Lights

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

I just installed some driving lights on my car tonight. I found these nice little H3 55w lights for $5 each and they fit just perfectly into the turn signal bracket. I ran the wiring from the sidemarkers to the driving lights and the turn signals to the side markers. The only thing I didn't count on was the blinkers not operating like they are supposed to. The change in wattage from 27w on the turn signals to the 4w in the sidemarker lights really speeds up the blinking. I did some looking around and I found that sticking a resistor and diode in should solve this. Off to Radio Shack in the morning
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

Looks nice, but what about the wattage of the driving lights? More than the old turn signals? If you rewire it with heavier wire, you might get less voltage drop and more brightness.
ludehawk

Post by ludehawk »

i kinda am partial to mine lol
also, wont you melt the housing?
Toyota's_Abortion

Post by Toyota's_Abortion »

Put some of these on the bumper.
Four HIDs or 175 watt halogens. You choice.
Sould have bought a Datsun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

i would like a pair of the last ones, too bad its a lot of work to make them fit flush in the front bumper
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

ludehawk wrote: also, wont you melt the housing?
Nope, I removed the turn signal and housing and these lights just bolt right up to the original holes.
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.