New UK member

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: New UK member

Post by dlb »

really! wow, i can't believe it. even beyond the practicality of them, i think the roof racks finish the cars off and make them look more capable, but to each their own. did you fill and paint over the old mounting holes in the roof?
snorky
My tercel:: '85 4x4 in red

Post by snorky »

Quick update.

Clay-barred, polished & waxed her so she's looking better than ever. Aside from the flaky offside front arch & scruffy other wings (but not awful). Really want to sort them ASAP but we'll see how I go.

Ref the very excellent offer of roof bars, I'm assuming US spec (i.e. nicer) roofbars will require holes to be drilled & therefore headlining etc dropping & therefore probably more than it's worth given the cars originality. So thank you for the kind offer & despite the fact they'd look awesome I'm going to do the decent thing & pass so someone else can use them.

Will try to take some pics in the next few days for a progress update. Wheels really would benefit from a refurb too. So worth doing tho.

All the best
Nick, from Birmingham, avoiding the riots...
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

nick, to mount my roof racks i didn't have to drill through the headliner. i carefully measured and marked where i needed to drill on the roof, then drilled just through the sheet metal. i then fastened riv-nuts (threaded rivets) coated with marine grade sealant into the holes. then i just had to coat the screws with sealant and fasten the roof rack down. it took an afternoon and i had a close call drilling due to my power sunroof tracks getting in the way a bit but it turned out great--just so you know that it can be done without leaking.

let us know if you will still pass on the roof racks, i don't want them unless you're sure that you don't.
melzy
Advanced Member
My tercel:: tercel 4wd 1983

Post by melzy »

Hey Nick another uk member here! Are u still driving the Tercel? :) how is she looking now? Greets
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

The car looks beautiful, and the right hand drive is awesome. Something I've always dreamed of owning
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)