My Tercel "Makeover"

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
jrpamn21
My tercel:: 86AL25 Golden Wagen

My Tercel "Makeover"

Post by jrpamn21 »

After a series of uninspiring events heaped upon my Tercel, i was able to fund its aesthetic "Makeover" finally in time for a local 'Old School' meet.

The issue on my cracked windshield.

Was able to have it replaced costing around $180, locally manufactured.

Experimented on a carbon fiber sticker for the hood and was dismayed at how it turned out.
Then a coconut fell on my left fender.

Had the hood and fender repaired and painted, total cost: $60

The 'Long View' interior rear view mirror is quite visible now after the windshield replacement(no more tint). It looked so plain so i decided to put foam letter stickers proudly displaying this website. There is also a quote beside it stating, ' If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there'

And finally a change of more 'Period Correct' set of rims. Its back to steelies for me. Scored as set of OMW 14X5.5 rims at $55.

Some minor D.I.Y. refurbishing. Wrapped soggy old newspapers around it instead of wasting masking tape. :wink:

The before and after pictures.

Before
After

Before

After

Actually, i am not yet done with the rims. Will find a way to attach those hubs from the original 13inch rims and paint them black too.

Here is my test fit.

Made it to the old school meet!!!
ImageImageImage

Comments and suggestions are welcome. TFL! :D
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: My Tercel "Makeover"

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Looks good!
I daresay the rest of us will never endure a dent caused by a coconut!
For that matter - a fender repaired and repainted for $60...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
wmschaefer
My tercel:: White '83 SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by wmschaefer »

Is the wide rear-view mirror custom, or were these available in some locales?

-Will
jrpamn21

Post by jrpamn21 »

wmschaefer wrote:Is the wide rear-view mirror custom, or were these available in some locales?

-Will
Hi, Will. I think it is an aftermarket accessory in the U.S. except for the craft store foam lettering in front which i custom made. :D
jrpamn21

Post by jrpamn21 »

After some major considerations, i let go of 'OLd TRusty' the pet name of my T4wd. Had to look for a taller vehicle to ease the ingress and egress of my dad(he is having mobility problems and the weekly hospital visits have become an issue).

I love Old Trusty and hoped that it would be a 'keeper' until my son would learn how to drive, but unfortunately some priorities do take over. :(

Yet still here i am, lurking from time to time, just plain reminiscing about how i was able to experience owning such a sturdy, reliable, unique(i love its slab design) four wheel drive wagon.

Given the chance, i would buy another one in the future if availability permits.(its as rare as hailstorm here in the Philippines)! :D

Thanks, Administrators and Tercel4WD.com.

More power to you!

Goodbye, Adios, Paalam! Old trusty!(last photo taken in a basement parking)
jrpamn21

Post by jrpamn21 »

ARCHINSTL wrote:Looks good!
I daresay the rest of us will never endure a dent caused by a coconut!
For that matter - a fender repaired and repainted for $60...
Tom M.
Thanks Sir.

Actually, that errant coconut just bounced off a canopy before landing on the fender and fortunately exposed a previous bad paint job! :D :D
hgregorio
My tercel:: 1982

Post by hgregorio »

Hi! I was wondering where you got your windshield in the Philippines. Desperately looking for a replacement for my '82 Tercel.
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Well done! I was in the Philippines for a while, seems like it would be extra hard to keep and care for a vintage car there.