Street View Terc!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Street View Terc!

Post by dcn »

This is kinda cheating since I knew it was there, but I think this is the first Tercel Wagon found in Street View. Now that Street View's here in Canada I thought I'd look for my car but it's usually parked in the parking garage at our apartment. This was the next best thing :wink:

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=44.60 ... 8,,0,25.15
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Street View Terc!

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Cool!
It takes a while to load (at least it did for me-and froze up at the first attempt), but it's a good clear shot. Be sure and click on the Maltese Cross in the corner for a full-screen view.
When Google did the driveby on my street, I was out with Goldie and it just got the p'up :( . However, the Bing birdseye shows Goldie - although only one of us would recognize her.
I also moved this to Gallery - hope you don't mind.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Ahh, that's where it went. I came back today looking to see if anyone had replied but it was gone! All good Arch, I just posted it there first cause I thought it would get the most views. I sound like a spammer! Yikes! Another forum I frequent, simhq.com, had a similar thread, a member was photographed by one of the Google cars as if passed, and I couldn't get his link to work. Hmmm.
bleakhorizon
My tercel:: 1986 wagon 4x4 6spd, 1985 sr5 4x4 6spd

Post by bleakhorizon »

love google maps, if yea like that try google earth, after you download it you can go to a specific place and turn back time.....
wmschaefer
My tercel:: White '83 SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by wmschaefer »

My friend in SLC says there are actually three Tercels at this location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 00862&z=20

-Will
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Cool - Thanks!
I think I'll send a note to the address shown in the Google view about the Club. While the address shown on the screen is probably not exactly correct (the address for my own house is a few doors away), I'd think that the recipient could give it to his neighbor.
And -
Here is a link to Bing Birdseye view. You can zoom in and also rotate 90 degrees; the Wagons' profiles are unmistakeable.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH8#Jn ... YwOTM3NQ==
I just noticed something odd about the view: When first accessed, two sorta-silver Wagons are shown; when rotated 90 degrees to the right, three Wagons are visible in profile. When rotated again, the three disappear and the original two appear - guess the Predator that did the Birdseye made passes several days apart? Oddly, the view with three Wagons cannot be made to reappear.
Maybe - it was a view from one of them thar black helos ? ? ?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Good idea Arch. I thought I was a genius for trying this, but it didn't work:
I thought that since the address was in Bird's Eye I'd try it out in Street View and see if I could read the house number, but no-go. The US stuff is nowhere near as clear as the stuff that was taken here in Nova Scotia. It's less recent I guess, maybe that's why. The stuff 'round here was just shot in the spring/summer.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering are there any more Tercels in Street view...
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

My Dad's Tercel is in StreetView visiting my brother, but I've never found my own or any others sadly.

Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

A couple years ago me and my sister were doing a solar install and the google camera car drove by us, my sister waved and we had a good laugh wondering of we had just become famous.
Sure enough a couple months later she looked and there we were for the world to see leaning on one of my tercel's if you move around sometimes were on the roof of the house and then we are leaning on my car weird. Clearly it drove by twice. If you go to an aerial view It's a later photo with the solar job done.
I can't seem to paste the link so here is the address take a look.

1439 s. st Arcada ca.

And yes i had know idea my lights were on needed a jump at the end of the day :roll:

feel free to post a link to the address
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Gottolovem wrote:A couple years ago me and my sister were doing a solar install and the google camera car drove by us, my sister waved and we had a good laugh wondering of we had just become famous.
Sure enough a couple months later she looked and there we were for the world to see leaning on one of my tercel's if you move around sometimes were on the roof of the house and then we are leaning on my car weird. Clearly it drove by twice. If you go to an aerial view It's a later photo with the solar job done.
I can't seem to paste the link so here is the address take a look.

1439 s. st Arcada ca.

And yes i had know idea my lights were on needed a jump at the end of the day :roll:

feel free to post a link to the address
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1439+ ... a664?hl=en
Interesting - on Blakeslee Ave. you are by the Terc and on S. St. you are on the roof.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
Vienna
Advanced Member

Post by Vienna »

It's so weird to know there're a few tercels back in nova scotia but I've never seen one before! I grew up in the south shore then moved to halifax in 2006-ish. The only old tercels I ever saw were the 90s sedans.

This made me think I could probably find our blow tranny tercel we bought locally as it'd be sitting a while so I went to check it out, sure enough, she's hiding there under the car port, her hood is open too for some reason...
http://goo.gl/maps/7U9Og
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Yup there are still a few here for sure. 3 at my dads, mine, and at least two owned by strangers I can think of off the top of my head just here in Halifax.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/44 ... 76!6m1!1e1

Just trying to get out of this paint fading sun!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms