Baldy's Turtle

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Baldy

Post by Baldy »

I'll try to post some better ones soon :)
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

nice n clean with the white wheels
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

What country are you from?
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

is that a sub behind the back seats? what is that?
Baldy

Post by Baldy »

I'm from merry old England, Hi!
The wheels are original, along with one of the tyres!!!
Sorry, no that is not a sub behind the rear seat, it's actually a reflection of the archway of the house next door, (it's a bit deceptive but the photo was taken using my mobile phone). :P
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

G'day Baldy,

Clean looking machine!

I'm coming to live in England for a year or so soon and will be travelling to Morrocco and a month in France chasing the surf. As I've know these cars pretty well now I'm wondering what I could expect to pick a reasonable Tercel up for?.. they must be pretty rare on the roads what with MOT and crappy rust enducing weather I guess.

Would it be cheaper just to get a basic econobox to travel as it is only my girlfriend and a couple of surfboards or buy one on the continent? as I'm not sure what sort of changeover costs are involve with buying a car in europe

Thanks in Advance

Mattel

Australia (nee Devon, England)
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Baldy

Post by Baldy »

Hi Mattel
Thanks!
The car is mostly original, with the exception of the stereo (I still have the original), multi changer, remote central locking, alarm & hands free kit for the mobile phone.
These cars ARE very rare over here, so much so that I had to scrap two this year because of rust (MOT failures :( ) apart from that they were fine!
This one I have had for about seven years and its the best I've had.
it is an '86 model (with the electric sunroof etc)
You would be hard pressed to find one now, but if I hear of one I will let you know ;)
Get in touch when you are coming over, (maybe) we could get together?
Good luck with your surfing etc
Paul
Baldy

Post by Baldy »

icE wrote:is that a sub behind the back seats? what is that?
Hope you read the reply???
The back is actually full with two sets of SCUBA gear, thats why its so low on its springs! That's a lot of weight to be so far back :(