German Accessories Brochure....

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: German Accessories Brochure....

Post by dlb »

DQ in the house!
Starbug
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel 4WD SR5 with 4AC engine swap, original inclinometer, and an original hood ornament :-)

Post by Starbug »

Holy awesomeness! I want those bumpers!!
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1988 SR5 Wagon

Post by 4doorVIP »

bumpity for 2012

I can't believe how much more rugged these look.. Great posted, any luck contact German wreckers? I want soo bad
2JZGTE-powered Tercel SR5
4doorVIP
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1988 SR5 Wagon

Post by 4doorVIP »

Ok guys here are some higher res version of a similar brochure!
**EDIT** for some reason this forum restricts the size of pictures... please go here to my webspace to download the entire files http://exactjdm.com/sr5/DE/
2JZGTE-powered Tercel SR5
Polar Bear
My tercel:: 1984 4WD

Post by Polar Bear »

Terceldude, and 4doorVip, thanks for these pics, as an owner of one of these german models, I just had to have these saved to my pc. They make great desktop pics :mrgreen:
North of 64
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: "Bones" 87 SR5 4wd wagon

Post by North of 64 »

Sweet!
83Whit3Hatch
My tercel:: 1983 3 Door Stripper Model. Grey seats with red inserts. 5spd swap.100W 9003 bulb upgrade.

Post by 83Whit3Hatch »

Sorry for bringing back an old thread. But would any of our European counter parts be kind enough to let us know the availability of the bumpers and the larger rims from salvage yards, etc. I would definitely like a set of the standard bumpers as well as the multi spoke 14 alloys. I'd also love a couple pairs of the fender flares.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

You can buy very similar looking wheels in the US, they are now an older style but I think still available. I have been longing for a set of Euro-bumpers from my Tercel ever since I owned my first one many years ago.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

I'd be happy to send some bumpers to you But I've been living in Italy for 4 months now. Have not seen one Tercel of any type on the road even in Turin which has plenty of small 4wd wagons around. I did see an AE95 all-trac corolla while motorcycling through Switzerland but generally there are very few cars over 10 years old. The odd VW beetle or Fiat 500 (early models) and some Type 3 Westfailure campers.. Also - postage is incredibly expensive! I sent some postcards back to Aus and the stamps for each one cost the same as 2 beers... can't imagine the price of bumper bars.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
83Whit3Hatch
My tercel:: 1983 3 Door Stripper Model. Grey seats with red inserts. 5spd swap.100W 9003 bulb upgrade.

Post by 83Whit3Hatch »

Yeah I expect shipping would be horrible. But if we could get enough interest, maybe we could get shipping per item down to something palatable.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

yes, if we can fill a shipping container full of parts than it would be worth it. I thought it might be worth it to bring one of the AWD Yaris or other small cars in to USA. If I buy a totaled one here of the same year and than do a "major parts swap" (like all of the "parts" with the chassis ID on it), and than get it registered with a salvaged title. Than I can actually own one semi (sort-of) legally in the USA.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Tercel parts from Australia would be your best bet. so cheap there - no rust usually and you are using English as well although the exchange rate is perhaps not so good these days...
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
83Whit3Hatch

Post by 83Whit3Hatch »

True exchange rates can pose a problem. I guess the next step is to see if we can come up with enough interest and a reliable contact down under.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

okay mattel, SOLD! fill us a shipping container full of T4wd bumpers, composite headlights and the grills to go with it, inclinometers and T4wd transmissions, we can likely sell all that for a tidy profit including the shipping costs. Last I checked the AUS$ and US$ were pretty similar value.
83Whit3Hatch

Post by 83Whit3Hatch »

I second that. And fender flares too. I know i wany at least two pairs.