German Accessories Brochure....

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
83Whit3Hatch
My tercel:: 1983 3 Door Stripper Model. Grey seats with red inserts. 5spd swap.100W 9003 bulb upgrade.

Re: German Accessories Brochure....

Post by 83Whit3Hatch »

Anbody else interested?
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

When I recently bought a new rear bumper for my Corolla 4wd it cost me $100 aus. This is the wreckers that I have found have the biggest range of our cars in stock at reasonable prices.

http://www.grantsautodismantlers.com.au/Home_Page.php

When I spoke to them they said they can deliver internationally. It might be worth getting in contact

They had about 3 Tercels (all Tercels in Australia are manual transmission 4wds) in stock and I have been told that they would deliver worldwide. As I will not be back to Australia for a couple more months (untill it decides to cool down a little from the record average temperature of 40º C for the whole country on one day.. yikes!). I can look into it then if you are still keen and have not heard back from them.

Anyway, we did not have fender flares or crazy euro 007 winch bumpers. Our cars apparantly lower geared and a little bit more beefed up than the USA and Japanese versions. I think the only thing different to your cars is the bumpers and the halogen headlights that stayed the same for all model years (but would be wrongly aligned for the USA). The only other difference being that we have levers to open the fuel door and the tailgate by the drivers seat. Some companies made roobars for the front as well.

The big difference is that our hot dry conditions meant that most cars did not rust that much although cracked dashboards are pretty common and that there where plenty around (until recently).

I'm thinking of coming to the USA at this time in 2 year when I graduate so I could look at bringing a set or two of bumpers with me. I'm thinking of buying a Terc and travelling from Alaska to Mexico..snowboarding and surfing..
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Tercel__jon
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4wd Wagon

Post by Tercel__jon »

I would LOVE a roobar along with those awesome non federal bookshelf from bumpers. Been watching an australian tv series and they have one on a falcon UTE. Looks like a ranchero. Would be so much stronger than anything I could build.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bagdad/o ... 1011500082

This is your best bet then. who knows they might be keen to send it to you.. The only Tercel we got was the 83-88 AL25 Wagon so you know it will fit.

cheers
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
mattiasvinge
My tercel:: Tercel 86 (for fun), Tercel 86 (for every day use), Tercel 86 (girlfriend's)

Post by mattiasvinge »

terceldude wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:52 pm the rest of it, lol!
page 14 comment: you can fit a windsurfing board innside the tercel :D
Tercel 86 (for fun), Tercel 86 (for every day use), Tercel 86 (girlfriend's), Corvette C3 Stingray 76(for making my life a hell):D
mattiasvinge
My tercel:: Tercel 86 (for fun), Tercel 86 (for every day use), Tercel 86 (girlfriend's)

Post by mattiasvinge »

Hi i would be interested in an change, i send you some EU stuff and you send some USA stuff back, think i have some spare bumper, and maybe i buy a parts car so you can have a complete front :O

Also I want to make a new topic with all the small differences between the years, countrys and models. (you have all sorts of names for them sr5, wagon and so on, we only have 4wd). Does some similar topic exist?
Tercel 86 (for fun), Tercel 86 (for every day use), Tercel 86 (girlfriend's), Corvette C3 Stingray 76(for making my life a hell):D
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

mattiasvinge wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:17 am Hi i would be interested in an change, i send you some EU stuff and you send some USA stuff back, think i have some spare bumper, and maybe i buy a parts car so you can have a complete front :O
I would be happy to help you find North American parts in exchange for EU parts! What sort of things are you looking for?
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I would love a set of the euro bumpers, or just the font one at least. shipping will be costly I suspect. I have a friend who works for an airline says he can arrange to have it shipped for me on a commercial aircraft. but not sure how that would work.

What North American parts do you want?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
mattiasvinge

Post by mattiasvinge »

i will come back later with a list, i might buy a car for the parts, then i have 2 front bumpers for you petros and the professor i think. do you 2 live far away from each other, guess it will be best to send everything in 1 time and place
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

mattiasvinge wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:56 am
terceldude wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:52 pm the rest of it, lol!
page 14 comment: you can fit a windsurfing board innside the tercel :D

hehehe thanks for the tip, bro ;)
K-Business
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

mattiasvinge wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:52 am then i have 2 front bumpers for you petros and the professor i think. do you 2 live far away from each other,

sounds great! a few other parts I might consider: the center dash inclinometer, perhaps front marker lights, headlights and grill assembly (the Euro ones are slightly different than ours, and would be a nice different look).

As I recall the professor does not live far, less than an hour away from me. it would be perfectly good to ship to one location for both of us. might even be cheaper to send it to a freight center for pick up, rather than to one of our homes. Fed Ex, DHL and UPS I think have shipping centers where we can pick up shipments. there are others too, but I am not familar with them. send them the cheapest way, no hurry here.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

Petros wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:08 pm
mattiasvinge wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:52 am then i have 2 front bumpers for you petros and the professor i think. do you 2 live far away from each other,

sounds great! a few other parts I might consider: the center dash inclinometer, perhaps front marker lights, headlights and grill assembly (the Euro ones are slightly different than ours, and would be a nice different look).

As I recall the professor does not live far, less than an hour away from me. it would be perfectly good to ship to one location for both of us. might even be cheaper to send it to a freight center for pick up, rather than to one of our homes. Fed Ex, DHL and UPS I think have shipping centers where we can pick up shipments. there are others too, but I am not familar with them. send them the cheapest way, no hurry here.
Yup, I'm just East of Seattle in the Cascade foothills. I'd love some Euro parts!
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

DiscoQuinn wrote: Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 pm Hate to bump and old thread, but are there any larger versions of these photos?

Thank you. :)
Sorry to bump an old comment on my post but If I can find the original files I may be able to enlarge them for you if you are still interested. I accidentally broke the scanner I scanned the whole brochure on some weeks or months after I scanned them ---- it was my sister's ------ I offered to replace it but she refused... Also she no longer uses the computer I was using to scan them in anyway. She has her own laptop now.

Anyway, if I see the Australian-specific accessories brochure up for auction again on eBay, I will buy it and try to scan THAT in as well. Too bad some jerk bought it and the seller declined to ship it overseas.
K-Business
mattiasvinge

Post by mattiasvinge »

Hi not very active as you see, maybe sometime this year :D
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

haha
K-Business