Another Movie Sighting...

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Another Movie Sighting...

Post by ARCHINSTL »

terceldude wrote:Tom, is there really such a group? Is there a weblink to it? ...You know why, Arch, cause I got your back!!! But I need to see a photo of you to see what you look like yourself and if you are sehr gangsta, lol!! ;))
Of course there is such a group!
Although, I dunno why it doesn't pop up on my own Google Search either ? ? ? :?: :evil: :?: :evil: :?: :evil: :?:
Best guess is that the Man is keepin' 'em down and in cahoots with Google ! :?: :evil: :?: :evil: :?: :evil: :?:

I DID hear that there are outcries and picketing from students from Country Day-type schools during all stops on their tour - maybe this is having an effect and is applying pressure on the media to disregard coverage ?
Some of the protestors even threw their laptops under the wheels of the tour bus!

I DID also see that when the boys formed the group that they had to stand in front of the entire student body and the headmasters ripped the monograms from their school blazers - pretty dramatic ceremony! Another example of The Man doin' it again :!: :evil: :!:
And - several of the academies did actually send white feathers to the boys' homes - and were promptly sued by the families' legal advisers - lawyers finally did some good, huh? :shock: :!: :evil: :shock: :!: :evil:

Is there a big gangsta following in your 'hood up near Boston? Or just some wankstas? I hear tell your 'hood of Wellesley is pretty ghetabulous !
Sorry on no picture of me - the buttons be watchin' me too tight! :( :!: :x
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

terceldude wrote:
I believe everyone here is white...

what a weird response to my post.... I know everyone is white, lol, but I think I am more gangsta than any of you.... Umm and the English I was also speaking was called Gangsta English... I believe we have to be more open-minded in this forum, lol... I even think that shaner, our old member was a gangsta like me!!! 8)

Neu, you're just jealous because you don't know Fler and I do...;)

Are you serious?

Kevin, we're here to discuss cars. You go on these random tangents that have little or nothing to do with the subject that we're talking about.

Gangster English isn't real. If you can type like a normal person do it. If you can't, let me know and I'll take care of it.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Are you serious?

Kevin, we're here to discuss cars. You go on these random tangents that have little or nothing to do with the subject that we're talking about.

Gangster English isn't real. If you can type like a normal person do it. If you can't, let me know and I'll take care of it.
ok, first thing you said, I disagree.. I am here to get thoughts across and plus you go on tangents, I think, as well! :lol:

second thing you said, I highly disagree with that... And I am a normal person, don't diss me, cause we ain't up with that... It does exist, Neu, are you blind? It is also referred to as slang... I couldn't find you the exact link I saw before to prove it better to you because I think they took it off or something... I can type like a normal person, I think you need a lesson or two into HOW TO BE COOL AND ROLL WITH THE GANGSTAS.. I think you need a lesson in that... I grew up what you'd perceive as "normal" but I have to be gangsta in many mannerisms and what I like to do, lol... Neu, cut me a break, lol... :lol:
K-Business
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

No i understand perfectly how you're trying to act. You come off terribly. I live in corvallis oregon. I bowl with the OSU football and basketball teams. I know plenty of black people. They dont even talk like that anymore. Infact, they hate it when white people do.

I'm just trying to get the point across that this forum is here to discuss cars and a few off topic things. We're not here to make a point about how we're so gangsta. When you're talking about cars, talk in somewhat decent english.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

terceldude -
Great Newz!

:D :!: :D :!: :D :!: :D
Just off their web site! The site is back up, but only occasionally for ? reason.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
AlbinoBoyzInDaHood will do 2 shows in Wellesley next Wednesday, April 1st!
Their bus rolls into MA on Tuesday, the 31st, and the permits to perform are at the Wellesley College Student Union, for two shows on Wednesday! The first is for the all-female student body at 2PM and the second for all townies at around 11PM. The Union won't have ticket prices until Tuesday night, and warns that NO other info will be available until late Tuesday - I think they want to avoid any more nasty scenes like happened on the Greenwich Common (see below).

They are arriving many days early, as a number of performances have been cancelled, since at many stops the bus has been just mobbed by hordes of chanting Country Day-type students throwing their Burberry coats across the bus' windshield, thus impairing vision (and the gangz' safety).
The Boyz' lead guitar, Ronald J. Throckmorton III (stage name "HoMan"), was even hit in the eye by a Blackberry Storm, one of hundreds tossed in a fusillade of phones in Darien, Connecticut.
Their loyal bus driver, Ralph Kramden, saved the day for the Boyz at a scheduled date on the neighboring Greenwich Common, when he drove through a barricade of students' Rabbit, Golf, and New Beetle Cabriolets (no one was injured, fortunately, as the protestors watched at a safe distance). The protestors were glaring at this, all the while wearing their Fendi and Bulgari shadez, which were supposed to be some kind of badge of solidarity on their part against this betrayal of their class.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Maybe you can make a short YouTube of the concert, or at least maybe some shotz of the Boyz on stage? Let us know!
Gangsta 'Glish be the way! Keep wit de wordz man, n I got yo bak!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Neu wrote:No i understand perfectly how you're trying to act. You come off terribly. I live in corvallis oregon. I bowl with the OSU football and basketball teams. I know plenty of black people. They dont even talk like that anymore. Infact, they hate it when white people do.

I'm just trying to get the point across that this forum is here to discuss cars and a few off topic things. We're not here to make a point about how we're so gangsta. When you're talking about cars, talk in somewhat decent english.
I think everyone should talk with a proper clipped British accent. Remember...the BOOT is your trunk. The BONNET is your hood. You'll have to move your steering wheel to the pass side. Carry an umbrella. Wear a bowler. Tally Ho......
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

No i understand perfectly how you're trying to act. You come off terribly. I live in corvallis oregon. I bowl with the OSU football and basketball teams. I know plenty of black people. They dont even talk like that anymore. Infact, they hate it when white people do.

Yeah well I know tons of black people and I think they don't mind it when I talk in GANGSTA English, especially since I'm a rapper!! So yours shouldn't hate it if they heard me speaking like that... I also know a lot of black German rap artists such as Ollie Banjo from Koeln (Cologne), Germany... He would roll with it if I used the slang, he wouldn't care... Your black friends, if they cared about me using it, they should get a life or something.. Maybe meet my black friends and roll with them...

As far as my English, I speak in highly decent English like maybe 99% of the time!! So cut me a break or I will teach you to speak better English, lol!!! By the way, you are only 19, so you can't tell a 22-year-old what to do!!! =) ok alta? :)
terceldude -
Great Newz!

Just off their web site! The site is back up, but only occasionally for ? reason.

AlbinoBoyzInDaHood will do 2 shows in Wellesley next Wednesday, the 1st!
Their bus rolls into MA on Tuesday, the 31st, and the permits to perform are at the Wellesley College Student Union, for two shows on Wednesday! The first is for the all-female student body at 2PM and the second for all townies at around 11PM. The Union won't have ticket prices until Tuesday night, and warns that NO other info will be available until late Tuesday - I think they want to avoid any more nasty scenes like happened on the Greenwich Common (see below).

They are arriving many days early, as a number of performances have been cancelled, since the bus has been just mobbed by hordes of chanting Country Day-type students throwing their Burberry coats across the bus' windshield, thus impairing vision (and the gangz safety).
The Boyz' lead guitar, Ronald J. Throckmorton III (stage name "HoMan"), was even hit in the eye by a Blackberry Storm, one of hundreds tossed in a fusillade of phones in Darien, Connecticut.
Their loyal bus driver, Ralph Kramden, saved the day for the Boyz at a scheduled date on the neighboring Greenwich Common, when he drove through a barricade of students' Rabbit, Golf, and New Beetle Cabriolets (no one was injured, fortunately, as the protestors watched at a safe distance). The protestors were glaring at this, all the while wearing their Fendi and Bulgari shadez, which were supposed to be some kind of badge of solidarity on their part against this betrayal of their class.

Maybe you can make a short YouTube of the concert, or at least maybe some shotz of the Boyz on stage? Let us know!
Gangsta 'Glish be the way! Keep wit de wordz man, n I got yo bak!

Tom M.
Tom, I will try to go, but there is no guarantee.. If I do, I will try to at least take some pics of it.. If FLER or any other German rap artists came to Boston, I would try to videotape the whole damn thing.. I like the sound of what you just said and I will look into it...

Now, to get back on topic:
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_199008-Toy ... 49929e6d4b

this Swedish movie from 1986 has a very cool TWAG used as a minor action vehicle or used in only a short scene, according to www.imcdb.org

This movie doesn't show a wagon, but there is still an actual Tercel in it, an 81 3-door hatchback coupe, I believe.. I am definitely seeing this movie:
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_187751-Toyota-Tercel.html

Also back to the wagons, I think there is a silver 2wd wagon in the movie Snow Day with Chevy Chase Chris Elliott
Mark Webber
Schuyler Fisk
Jean Smart
Emmanuelle Chriqui and
Zena Grey.

The write-up on it can be found here, as it is very interesting for our Canadian members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Day_(film)

The wagon appears when Hal, (played by Mark Webber), the son of Tom Brandston, (played by Chevy Chase), is at the restaurant with Lane, (played by Schuyler Fisk), attempting to try to ask out Claire Bonner, (played by Emmanuelle Chriqui). The wagon appears, I think, before he walks up to Claire's table to ask her out...

You all should see SNOW DAY and look for this wagon, lol! :D :lol:
K-Business
terkill
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota Tercel 4WD

Post by terkill »

TV show sighting:

AMC Tv show that I've been a fan of from the start: Breaking Bad

Imagine how surprised I was, I couldn't get the first clip, that wasn't that good but it showed our demented rear window.
This episode JUST aired for the first time about an hour ago, so I grabbed my cell phone and took pictures of the car from my TV right after hoping there were some better shots, and there was.
http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/
That is the TV show and here are some pictures of frame by frame with my phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If parts ain't flyin, you ain't tryin"
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Nice!! I wanna see that!! :)
K-Business
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

My brother just watched State of Play in the theatre last night and says there's a white Terc Wagon in a parking garage in the movie, clearly seen. So with it and Sunshine Cleaners it seems to be a pretty good year for movie sightings so far!
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Re: Sunshine Cleaning

Post by ARCHINSTL »

And - this is a link to the trailer AND a film clip not shown in the trailer - the Wagon is shown at the beginning and end of the clip - ACTION SHOTS ! Click on the little tabs at the right: http://www.apple.com/trailers/independe ... ecleaning/
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
ariscmarquez
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel 3 Door Hatchback

Post by ariscmarquez »

guys check marley and me movie...
:D
wmschaefer
My tercel:: White '83 SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by wmschaefer »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478126/

Cthulhu (2007) --

This movie piqued my interest in many ways -- First, it was a new HP Lovecraft themed movie. Second, it was filmed in the Pacific Northwest (Astoria to be specific.) The movie might be unappealing for some, as the main character's homosexuality plays a large role in the plot. BUT, at approximately the one hour mark, a Tercel Wagon (Light metallic blue, I believe an SR5) is seen on a TV news report. So, I pretty much freaked out when I saw it, and my wife gave me a pat on the shoulder -- I'll assume out of shame and not pride.

Just another Tercel Wagon sighting.

-Will

Is it me, or are the 4WD wagons better looking than their 2WD brethren?
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

So, I pretty much freaked out when I saw it, and my wife gave me a pat on the shoulder -- I'll assume out of shame and not pride.
Just tell her you are an avid fan of the car and that you drive one too and maybe she'll understand you better. :)
K-Business
Jahmez
My tercel:: '86 SR5 4WD STRIPPER SPECIAL

Post by Jahmez »

Neu wrote:I believe everyone here is white...
Actually, I'm half black. From the waist down only though...

Sorry, couldn't resist.