Repair info......

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Would like to see an area set aside for writeups on various repairs.

These would be done by people right after they do a repair...detailing how the job went, info about finding parts & costs, problems encountered, trials & tribulations, etc.

Everyone's writeup would be different and independent, and meant to supplant and add to the info in the repair manuals.

So if I was considering doing a job, I'd have several writeups on that job to read in order to have an idea of how difficult the job is, ideas on doing it, and what problems to watch for.

It would be understood that the info was presented as is. No warranties implied or expressed.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

What would our first repair guide be? Lets choose one, and then email me your writeups :)
sacwac
Top Notch Member

Post by sacwac »

I have some ideas, lets start with simple jobs, such as replacing air filters, changing/gapping plugs. A guide for simple tune ups, or increasing mileage.

I was actually going to degrease my engine, so I can post a little write up and before and after pics.

I once "installed" a sunroof in a tercel, I have pics of the whole thing.... I'm still debating wether or not to post it, some people might have a heart attack.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

sacwac wrote:I have some ideas, lets start with simple jobs, such as replacing air filters, changing/gapping plugs. A guide for simple tune ups, or increasing mileage.

I was actually going to degrease my engine, so I can post a little write up and before and after pics.

I once "installed" a sunroof in a tercel, I have pics of the whole thing.... I'm still debating wether or not to post it, some people might have a heart attack.
Be careful with the degreasing...using something too strong can mess up your sensors...also possible to get water, etc, in connectors and so forth...have heard more than a few stories of problems after degreasing was done.

We need MORE writeups....if you think you know it....JUST SHOW IT?

I have a heart attack everythime I have to work on my car...I'd RATHER DRIVE IT! <_<
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

sacwac
Top Notch Member

Post by sacwac »

Good info.... It's also good to remove the covers from the alternator/distributor BEFORE you start the engine. It's amazing what engine belts can do to a plastic bag, and how long it takes to clear it out! hehehe.

Also, here is a link to my old tercel that I installed a sunroof in. The car is probably a small metal cube right now.

<a href='http://mike.mounty.com/tercel.jpg' target='_blank'>http://mike.mounty.com/tercel.jpg</a>
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

i'll be copying the repair guides this week, they oughta be up by this weekend hopefully!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Where is up?

I've been thinking that the present method works pretty well...I usually think of something I forgot and can change or add something later...as it is now. Hope things can still be edited by the original writer.

Would be cool to be able to add a few pictures though...these could be kept down in size.

icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

ah, i was going to add the repair guides on to the main site, but i'll go ahead and make a link that says "Tercel 4WD Repair Guides" and direct it to the repair guide section of the forum. That'll save me a lot of updating and maintenance work. And then you can add things, add comments, photos, etc.