Another Tecel photo shoot.

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Another Tecel photo shoot.

Post by dcn »

The weather was nice today and I decided to wash the Turtle since it had been about 3 weeks since I'd last polished her. That's about 22 days too long the way I worship this car, so I thought I'd give her a good cleaning today. Why is it I always go hunting for trains when I wash my car? Here's the pics.

Enjoy the polishnessicity!

I know this isn't a railfanning forum, but I had to walk up the tracks a bit to see if the signals were on since I was hoping/expecting to see a gypsum train. Couldn't see 'em since I was on the back side of them where I was parked. I took this while walking up the tracks.

Didn't realize I was on the wrong side of the tracks until I got this photo home and downloaded it from the cam. Bad lighting, should have been on the other side!

Yup, car's still there..

This train's easy to get ahead of since they switch tracks before getting unloaded so I passed them and got this sorta different shot I've seen other people do. I think I'm one of the first to do a train/mirror shot.

Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

On the way to my friends' wedding a couple weeks ago I was rubber necking for Tercels as I always do when I pass a bunch of cars parked off of a rural road, and I spied a Tercel Wagon. I headed back today to get some pics and see if it was in good shape. It wasn't very rusty at all, but one of the tricks my Dad taught me about looking at Tercs for the first time is to always look at the seam above the back wheels. If there's none, they've been fixed. This one had, but didn't look too too bad to my eye at least..

Only had like 200,000 Kms on it, not even broke-in yet! Too bad it was weeenie-matic (I just prefer manual) and wasn't an SR-5. Otherwise it would have been cooler.

Are those Tercel wheels??

And that was the day in photos..
Carguylen
Top Notch Member

Post by Carguylen »

I have friends that have a late 80's Corolla SR5 the two door one with pop up lights, and it has those wheels on it.
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Ahh, so that's where the're from. You gotta admire them for keeping it Toyota.
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Heh, come on up to Nova Scotia, I'll show you where it is! I would have asked if he was selling it, but we (me 'n dad) weren't interested in having it. Even though it's been painted it looks pretty good. I can send you some hi-rez shots if you feel like road tripping up to NS for a Terc. :wink:
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Post by Mickey_D »

Damn nice looking car you got there. Wish mine was in 20% of the shape of yours. Sadly, mine looks more like one of those that people posted youtube vids of being mercilessly abused......
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Awesome shots of your car!! You are very good with a camera! Thanks!
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Thank you guys, I'm glad you had a look, I like sharing pics if people are going to enjoy them.

Thanks for the comments about my photography too. I started taking pics of trains back in '03, everything before that was christmas or whatever, I wasn't really into taking photos at all. I don't feel like I've learned much since then but if I compare them there's a lot of improvement. Practice makes not as crappy, as they say!

Thanks again for looking, this might be the last time I feel like taking car pics till spring, especially once my 'ugly' wheels get on.

Up yours, Canadian winter!!

DA
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Post by Mickey_D »

Heh, winter's the best time to take pics of our Turtles!!

Climb a snow bank, take a pic. Pull a Jeep out of a ditch, take a pic. Drive across a solid sheet of glare ice right inbetween all the other cars and trucks that have lost control, take a pic. Drive up a hill and go right past a Subaru Outback sitting there helplessly spinning its tires, take a pic.

I always love doing that kind of thing. I wish I'd had my camera with me last winter when I did my (now famous) U turn in front of a rather astonished S-10 driver......
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Hah!! Good point. In fact I was kinda thinking that as I posted that message. Winter driving is fun. Wish they'd use something less rust promoting than salt to use on the roads, but other than that it is fun. Unless the snow gets deep enough that I worry about knocking the rubbers we've crammed into the holes they for some reason left in the frames in these cars, I don't mind snowy driving at all. I still get a kick out of the dry-pavement feeling you get when you take off, even when there's snow on the road up to your akles or deeper.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Heh DCN.... I want that color for my Tercel. I love Blue. The darker the Blue, the better..... Ahhhh...... A nice Midnight Blue Metallic with a pinstriping (if that'd be the form used) of an electrical fire in lighter blue down the sides, complemented by dark-tint windows, a tasteful ground effects kit (hopefully with aerodynamics 99% in mind) and a nice set of rims to match the dark paint....
(clears throat and slaps self around a bit)

Loco's are cool. I remember being maybe 7 and playing with my grandpa's O-Guage and N-Guage trains in the basement.... He had a few O-Guages (the ones with the just over 2 inch wide tracks) that were the old-style coal-tinder steam loco's, equipped with smoking smoke-stacks and the steam-style whistle.... Man.... Those were good days. Unfortunatly, I've kind of fallen away from that... Though I do have a few of those beautiful loco's hidden away in my house, to keep them away from my uncle who I swear wants to sell everything my grandpa ever earned... He will not take those memories from me dammit...
Oops, a little side-tracked there.

I think trains have a connection with just about everyone. Maybe less so now than 20 or 30 years ago, but it's still there.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

Nice car!
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

Lol, Typrus, I think bitchin' flames and body kits should only be used if your car has the jam to back it up. Unless it's snowing at a red light I generally don't bother trying to beat someone off the line.

Glad you like the blue by the way, I 'knew' (that is if we could find one) that I'd be getting a Terc wagon for my first car and the whole time we looked I was thinking 'don't be brown, dooon't be brown' about my future car when I found it. It's always been my favorite colour, and I love my black interior too, in spite of the summer oven it creates. I got lucky with the way the colours worked out. I think the paint and interior are things number 2,092 and 2,093 that I love about my car if I had to make a list.

DA

I took a lot of shots around my parents' place before I moved out a few years ago, views out my old bedroom window and stuff (maybe that's creepy but I did live there my whole life so it was sentimental), some of them involved my car. Here's a couple scary shots from February '04.. Yes, my car REALLY IS half buried.. Everything in front of the windshield was under a couple feet of snow.

Yikes!!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

dcn wrote:....I was thinking 'don't be brown, dooon't be brown'....
Hey - watch it, fella !
Good thing I don't have audio on this 'puter thing - otherwise "Goldie" would rebel -
(OK- I know it should be "Brownie," but the "G" word sounds more exotic...).

Awesome pix of the snow - Wow!. Bet Lollypop would love to play in this! I did not think NS got snow like this -
for some reason I thought the Gulf Stream reached up there and kept the clime kinda temperate. Impressive.
Tom M.
Last edited by ARCHINSTL on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dcn
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dcn »

No, it's usually decent as far as winter temps and snowfall amounts. That was a (thankfully) rare thing. Mostly in the winter it's maybe in the 20F range or so I'd say. We get our cold snaps like anyone else I suppose.

And something was telling me to put in a disclaimer about the brown thing. It's not my taste personally, but in another way it certainly fits the 80's theme. So it's not all bad. I just like black/blue tones of my Terc.

I'm just glad you're not one of those folks from the US that brings ski equipment up here in June.. I hear it happens :shock:

I also may have jumped the gun with the last photo shoot for a qhile comment. I'm off for the next few days and it's supposed to be decent, I might go all out tomorrow, PowerBall my wheels and everything. The car should be waxed one last time before it gets uncomfy.