My new winter wagon

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
AlexArrow
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 Wagon 4WD

My new winter wagon

Post by AlexArrow »

Figured I'd introduce my car first.
123934620_10207834500336356_176680074983845784_o.jpg
It is intended to be my winter-only vehicle. Already had one, but it used too much fuel for my likes and wasn't very interesting to me. Problem is, it was a really good deal. Thus, the next one had to also be, while retaining 4wd and 4 doors. That is why I found this. Though not running, it was a double deal. The other was in terrible shape, but had the necessary parts to fix this one up, especially the carb(was missing, maybe had something do do with being parked?). Otherwise, it just needed a really thorough fuel system cleaning from sitting for years. Anyways, it checks all the boxes for me. Plus I got a great deal on new winter tires!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: My new winter wagon

Post by dlb »

Looks like it's in great shape, which is crazy considering your location. How has it survived your salty winters for all these years?
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

wash and oil the underbody often and extensivly or it won't last long! or make the rusty one your winter car and this for other times of the year.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
AlexArrow

Post by AlexArrow »

Trust me, it is, the photo just doesn't show it. Mind you, I did cover it all with both black oil and undercoating to hold it off until next summer. Also, the front fenders had been previously replaced and I painted them blue to match.

It is still CONSIDERABLY better than the other one.
AlexArrow

Post by AlexArrow »

Here is a better view.
20201111_123230.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

The fact the car has survived in the rust belt this long is amazing in itself. We have so few members here from the prairies. I hope you can keep it on the road for years to come.
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Not a better winter beater to be had!