The end of the tunnel is near!!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

The end of the tunnel is near!!

Post by slimdude85 »

Here's my '81 Tercel. I rebuilt the motor(.20 over), did a Weber swap, and several other small things. Still have to do a bit more, mainly in the interior, but so far so good. Here are a few pictures after I got the initial 7+ years of dust and grime off. Still have some green stuff growing on the grill and headlamp bezels, but after 11 hours working on cars and doing other things around the house yesterday, I was done. I'll probably get around to working on the Tercel a little this Saturday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
Mark
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1984 Automatic, 1981 sedan

Re: The end of the tunnel is near!!

Post by Mark »

Nice! Same colour as my '81 2-door.
slimdude85
Advanced Member

Post by slimdude85 »

Is yours the hatch or sedan? I'm looking forward to getting mine on the road.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

looks very nice. you do not see a lot of these first gen Tercels around any longer, nice to see someone keeping their TFWD on the road.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
hunter37
My tercel:: 1995 Toyota Tercel

Post by hunter37 »

It looks clean. Nice!
Mark
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1984 Automatic, 1981 sedan

Post by Mark »

slimdude85 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:03 pm Is yours the hatch or sedan? I'm looking forward to getting mine on the road.
It's a sedan. My favourite is the hatchback, but they are harder to find around here. These are some old pics from when I bought it: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9413
slimdude85
Advanced Member

Post by slimdude85 »

Here are a few pics of what was still in the glovebox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

HA! The car was sold in St. Louis County, 6 or 7 miles from me!
The location is now a Mitsubishi dealer. When Bianco Toy closed, the new owner moved it further SE in the County as that area grew.
I wonder when it migrated to Highlandville (Springfield/Branson)? Did the original owner move down there?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
slimdude85
Advanced Member

Post by slimdude85 »

I know at some time it made it to OK because there was also some old insurance paperwork in the glovebox, and it had a different owner by then. When I picked it up, it was in Republic, West of Springfield a few miles.