new member ..85 sr5

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: new member ..85 sr5

Post by Petros »

you will have to make your own front bumper, that one in the pic was something offered as a dealer installed option in Germany only, likely locally made and supplied. doubt there are any survivors this late in the game. They likely did not sell many either.

I would be happy with a set of Euro or Japaneses bumpers, nice and slim profile and lighter. we get stuck with the idiotic federal bumpers, which have proven to be a big mistake (minor repairs are more costly than with standard bumpers, and those big bumpers cause severe injuries to pedestrians in accidents).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
mr_braaaap
My tercel:: 1985 bone stock

Post by mr_braaaap »

Today’s progress .tmm I will try to bolt the trans mount and start it .it was getting late already
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr_braaaap

Post by mr_braaaap »

Well today I finished installing everything.i still got the ac compressor off I want to install new orings.i got to put the axles back .and speed sensor .it took a long time connecting everything back . I take my time too . There is a blue plug that has nipples for vacuum lines . They broke off . I just connected them together so they won’t be no vacuum leaks .i need to know how much gear oil does the transmission take because a lot of drained out when I removed the engine . Here is the only pics I took today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

the trans holds 4.1 quarts of gear oil. makes sure it is fully topped up or severe damage to the trans will result. I use the front fill plug on the side of the diff housing near the CV axle. make sure it is level, and you get it it completely full.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
mr_braaaap

Post by mr_braaaap »

Petros.thank you again for saving me lol im going just to. Drain the whole transmission out first and then top it off . Thanks btw
mr_braaaap

Post by mr_braaaap »

Well today I installed the cv axles I pour 4 liters into the transmission and also connected the shifter assembly and I tried to start it but it didn’t .it just kept huffing and puffing our the carb . I didn’t know that the distributor had to go a certain way . So I was already tired and it was raining so tmm I’ll make sure I doit right and make sure all the vacuum hoses are right well here is the pic of the day
mr_braaaap

Post by mr_braaaap »

yea it did ..i barely drive it ...is really fun to drive specially making sharp turns lol