Hello From Austria / Styria

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
martin.lenz87
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel Al25 4WD

Hello From Austria / Styria

Post by martin.lenz87 »

Hey Guys,

I want to introduce myself.

My name is Martin, I am 30 years old, and i am living in Austria in the beautiful "federal state" styria.
I am living near Graz, which is the main capital from styria, (Arnold Schwarzenegger was Born in Thal bei Graz, which is very Close to my hometown)
I've been a toyota fan for a long time (my uncle is mechanic at toyota for 40 years and infected me with his love to cars) especially the Tercel has warmed my heart :)

I am owning a Tercel 4WD Al 25
the car once belonged to the great-grandfather of my fiancee.

in the last 2 years I have bought 2 more Tercels, basically as a spare part donator (pics will follow)

one of tese 2 donator cars has a electrial Rooftop.

i recognized that the SR5 was pretty popular in the USA, so in Europe i have never seen this type yet.

the Car ist already "naked" which means the whole Interieur has been removed in order to remove the rusty parts.

anyway the future Project plan will be to free the car from the rust, switch the sun roof top into the actual tercel (many work but with my uncle possible) as well as the inclinometer (which I have purchased on eBay for a lot of money^^) to implement

last but not least I will repainting it if the whole metalwork is finished.

i will Keep you up to date as soon as there are News :)

nice greets from Styria

bye Martin

P.S:sorry for my English (as you know Arnolds English is also not "the yellow from the egg" ^^)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Hello From Austria / Styria

Post by NWMO »

We can understand you fine, welcome to the board!

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hi Martin and welcome!,
I saw a few Tercels in Switzerland when I was living in Turin a few years ago and the Pyrenees where I have relatives and quite a few corolla 4wd kombi.
I believe that Europe did not get an SR5 model but what you did get was a mix of the SR5 and DLX model. You have the wide moldings, luggage cover, inclometer and tachometer of the SR5 but with a more standard seat. The bumpers and lights are similar to the Australian model.
We have a member here from the UK and one in France who are interested in parts. I'm not sure if you can help them. Its a really good idea to stock up on parts.
I note this guy in Sweden who has done similar!

https://twitter.com/aretimmerhusab1/sta ... 2810475521
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

great to have you, your English is plenty good, nothing to be self continuous about. Interesting to see your project progress. I know of someone that installed a sun roof by just cutting out the old roof and dropping in the sun roof with sealant (leaving a 25 mm flange around the edges) and used blind rivets to hold it in place. I think welding would be better to maintain the strength, but it worked. Make sure the sun roof is all working before you do the swap. I have repair several of these, including drilling out the assembly rivets to get inside, fix a jammed part, and added some grease. I used blind fasteners to reassemble it. worked great after I was done, but a lot of effort.

I have mixed feelings about the sun roof: when the weather is nice it is a better way to ventilate than using the air conditioner (especially since I do not have one), OTOH, where I live the weather does not permit much open top motoring and it just becomes another source of leaks and maintenance as it ages. My current daily driver does not have one, and I can live without it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
martin.lenz87

Post by martin.lenz87 »

Thank you for your quick and friendly answers :)

I know that sunroofs are generally never really leakproof (its up to the construction), with the inclinometer and the hitch the tercel would have an agreeable equipment ;) (except for the missing air conditioning). In addition, the summer months in Austria can be very hot.

The only thing I would like to find then are the wind deflectors for the side Windows!

Has anyone of you an idea where i could find such deflectors?

Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin.lenz87

Post by martin.lenz87 »

I am Trying to make new Pictures in the next days from the other vehicles!

here a few more pics of the Restauration object!
martin.lenz87

Post by martin.lenz87 »

;)
martin.lenz87

Post by martin.lenz87 »

Here another pics of the last Tercel which i bought!