Hello from MO!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

Hello from MO!

Post by slimdude85 »

Thought I would introduce myself to everyone. I recently acquired an '81 Tercel (I know, pre-4wd era) and have been lurking around the site for some time, spending a lot of time reading threads on the 3AC engine and have found a lot of very helpful advice. I've already used the 3AC head gasket thread from Petros (thanks!) among several others. Figured I would come out of the shadows. As far as pics, let me get the car back together (engine has to be machined due to scored cylinder wall, hood and grille re-installed), then I'll post some. Until I have some questions that haven't been addressed in previous threads, I'll be reverting back to lurking.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Hello from MO!

Post by Petros »

welcome to the form,

we will not hold your handicap against you, lots of form members own the first gen Tercel or front wheel drive only Tercels.

Glad to be of help, that is why I made the thread.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome! Where are you located?
With you, we are now four strong in the Show-Me State (of the active members)!
NWMO is near Maryville, FarmerJack is in Gasconade County, and I am in Kirkwood, a 'burb of STL (whence my handle).
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

Post by slimdude85 »

I'm from the Springfield/Branson area. Highlandville, to be precise. All we need now is someone from the Cape Girardeau area to join, then we'll have the four corners of the state represented.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon