New bumper for Ron!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Re: New bumper for Ron!

Post by Jonymoto »

Thanks Tom and Mattel. Matt, did you do the same about the holes on the sides of the ATM after you removed the reflector? I was thinking of using the ATM with the reflector as my avatar, but I haven't figured out how to do an avatar yet.

I'm planning to do some dynamating in the spring to reduce the road noise Matt. I will move the number plate then. At the moment I'm designing an instrument cluster holder (out of red gum, Oz eucalyptus) to mount on the dashboard where the inclinometer is mounted on the SR5 model. I would love to have a tacho, oil pressure and vacuum gauges. Has anybody mounted any other gauges in their Tercel? Any photos, please for inspiration?
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hi Jony, I put a dollup of sealant on the holes on the interior of the ATM as it wasn't too noticeable. Dynamatting would be a good idea. I bought an inclometer off ebay a whileback. Depending on how I fit it I could have a spare inclometer shroud for you. but wood could be a nice touch! An SR5 cluster could be a good idea for you. mounting further gauges in the inclometer could be good!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

Matt, I've been looking for an SR5 cluster for a while without much luck. I will be happy to buy the inclinometer shroud if you don't end up using it. Woodworking is one of my favourite hobbies. That's why I thought I'd make the gauge holder in redgum. An old fence post all cleaned up and polished will look really good I think. The redness will remind me of my very pleasant Tercel trip to Ayers Rock and Alice Spring a few years ago. I've got crossing the Nullarbor in the Tercel on my bucket list.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama