Brand new timing belt

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Re: Brand new timing belt

Post by Gottolovem »

irowiki wrote:At 8 MPG is that even worth taking the RV?

Paul my gf bought a newer rv I'm not talking about the same rig you stayed in when you were here.

Fuel was around 500 bucks for an amazing 9 day road trip down the Pacific Coast hwy. The kids will carry this trip with them for the rest of their lifes.
Hearst Castle,legoland,San Diego zoo,Medieval Times,USS Midway,camping along the ocean. A motel room for a group of 5 for 9 days alone would cost as much so yes it was worth it. :oldgeek:

When i was a boy my mother and father spent one entire year traveling the US with me and it's one of my greatest memory's. Until this trip i never really understood nor appreciated the amount of work it was for my father.
Fuel was 50cents a gallon back then hope i'm not dating myself to close :roll:
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

OT totally, but here goes...
@ Gottolovem -
Props for the trip. As your Dad did for you, so will your kids recall their "Big Adventure," even if you never take another one.
My own family's Big Adventure - and the only one - was driving to Dad's convention in NYC in 1952, all the way in our '50 Nash Statesman "bathtub."
We left St. Louis, saw Detroit and the Ford Museum, entered Canada, drove to Niagara Falls, thence to Boston to visit relatives and saw its historic sites. Up next was spending a week in NYC. Next stop was DC, spending nearly a week there, visiting all the Capital had to offer (a LOT!). Next was Philadelphia and Independence Hall, etc.
Finally home; we were gone almost three weeks.
And most of the time on the actual "road," we slept in the Nash with its fold-down seats - this was long before Interstates, when you could just pull off on the side of the road and park for the night. Sounds primitive, but my sister and I have never forgotten it
You did a great thing for the kids - Props!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

Oh that road trip and he never stop by I'm going to cry boo-hoo boo-hoo just kidding I hope you and Taylor had an awesome trip
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)