the 4a allmost ready to drop in

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

the 4a allmost ready to drop in

Post by jimcrazy »

been gathering bits and pieces all winter and slowly putting it together.spark plugs, air filter,cam seal,crank seal,oil pump seal,valve seals,valve cover gasket,u-joints for the drive shaft,clutch kit, upper and lower rad hoses, thermostat and water pump and timing belt. hope it works good when done. also got a 5200 holley two barrel carb on the way I am going to try on it.also took 2 1/2 pounds off the fly wheel back side
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Re: the 4a allmost ready to drop in

Post by Ridlbox »

Good looking motor let us know how it works out when you get the motor installed
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

will do ,, was hoping to get my wagon back on the road this week if the weather holds out. do a few 0-60 runs with the 3a so I have something to compare the swap to.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

wow, that looks really nice jim. great work.
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Wow, nice job, were the internals rebuilt? Head work, cam, pistons, rings, etc? Looks great, can't wait to hear more about how it runs compared to the 3A.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Mad_Marx wrote:Wow, nice job, were the internals rebuilt? Head work, cam, pistons, rings, etc? Looks great, can't wait to hear more about how it runs compared to the 3A.
i put a 4a in my first terc and i honestly didn't notice any difference. for me, the weber was the single biggest 'bang for your buck' performance upgrade.