Goodbye Buck!

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Goodbye Buck!

Post by irowiki »

IMG_20141229_194136.jpg
Sadly, sold our 1983 SR5 Wagon Buck today. The preschooler was mad and promptly shut himself in his room. Alas, but we had too many cars!

One of my favorite wagons so far, she did 30+ MPG in the summer with a hatch, transmission and three people riding along, through the Colorado mountains!

Saved from a California death... and going to a new home in Durango Colorado. We'll miss you Buck!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Goodbye Buck!

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Not that your preschooler will understand it, but -
Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight.
- Marcus Aurelius

I often wonder what will be Goldie's next life, after I've left this mortal coil.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Did you send the x-mas lights with him? :lol:

Should we expect to hear a continuing saga from bucks new owner?
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Gottolovem wrote:Did you send the x-mas lights with him? :lol:

Should we expect to hear a continuing saga from bucks new owner?

No but I thought of the christmas lights because the command strips were still sticking to the windows. We're going to do the same thing this year with the wagons.

He said that they "Would register" but that is anyone's bet.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

when we sold our Dogde Caravan, our than 5 year old daughter was very upset, she grew up with that van had fond memories of it. We had been driving around in the "new" Mazda 4wd MPV for a month without any problems, she liked the "new car" too.

Through tears she suggested we could just keep it in the yard and her and her sister could play in it. I pointed out and she agreed that we had many good times in it, traveling all around (I did not remind her how many times it left the family stranded and needed a tow). I said wouldn't it be nice to allow another family with children to enjoy it the same way? We have the new van to drive around in now and enjoy. she reluctantly agreed that would be nice to share it. And I told her I knew where the family that bought it lived, and if she or her sister ever missed it, I am sure they would be nice and allow her to come visit our old van sometime, because they are a very nice family with children. She finally agreed, that would be nice, and it would okay to sell it to them.

I knew of course once it was gone, she would forget all about it. She is now 23 years old, and every once in a while I reminder of it, and she claims she does not even remember it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ Petros...
HAW! My daughters, now well into their '40s, have never forgotten the "adventures" in our '69 VW Bus.
They still talk about how cold that beast was - the youngest used to stand next to me and scrape off the frost inside the windshield. Apart from the cold, she liked it because she always got to sit up front - the older two would kvetch about always sitting in the back, but they were too tall to bend the way the youngest could.
We went from that to the new '83 T4WD and simply reveled in HOT WATER HEAT!!!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Notmikeb
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 85 Tercel 5dr FWD

Post by Notmikeb »

We also own a 2014 Ford Flex as well as a 03 Suburban, both of which are more luxurious and far less cramped in the backseat as the Tercel. Yet every time I take my 3 year old daughter out she BEGS to ride in "white car"! I've asked her why she likes the Tercel and she seemed to think for a minute before simply responding "I like it".
-------------
1985 Tercel 5dr Hatchback
2003 Chevy Suburban
2014 Ford Flex

"I don't get it! I've cut this thing FIVE times now and it's STILL too SHORT!"
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Notmikeb wrote:We also own a 2014 Ford Flex.
How do you like the flex I've always liked the look of those :oldgeek:
Notmikeb
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 85 Tercel 5dr FWD

Post by Notmikeb »

Gottolovem wrote:
Notmikeb wrote:We also own a 2014 Ford Flex.
How do you like the flex I've always liked the look of those :oldgeek:
Love that car. Wish the gas mileage was better but other than that it's been great. Haven't had a single mechanical issue with it (though I shouldn't have with only 15K miles on it).

It definitely has a polarizing look. People seem to either like it or hate it. It's currently the closest thing to a station wagon Ford makes and my wife is a die hard Ford fan (she's had 6 and has never bought any other brand).
-------------
1985 Tercel 5dr Hatchback
2003 Chevy Suburban
2014 Ford Flex

"I don't get it! I've cut this thing FIVE times now and it's STILL too SHORT!"