new member/old car

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
jv80sr5
My tercel:: 1980.sr5 hatchback,green

new member/old car

Post by jv80sr5 »

hi all !

Just joined up here pretty excited actually .

new to tercels.. not new to having fun with automobiles... long time swapper/modder (not the stupid kind)

about a month ago i was asked to help a buddy out with his car that "blew up" on him a year and some change ago and he had it sitting ever since..

we had determined it needed a head gasket.... the actual list was quite a bit longer than just a headgasket..

headgasket
radiator
coolant thermistor
cooling fan switch
waterpump
valve guide seals
rear dampers.

rust blew out the inner wheel arches
and the biggest of all ....rust.... lots of lower pannel rust!

anyway that list was far too long for him and long story short

I got the car for free! 1980 sr5 hatchback! in the coolest green ive ever seen!!!

rather than upload some photos .. heres a link to my instagram account ive set up to cover the project as i go

https://instagram.com/el_gringo_suave/

I joined this site because im interested in the 4wd version of the tercel.. Im considering either an awd or rwd conversion to this uniquely layed out car

Im very interested in your experience with 4wd tercels and such... are there any other swappers on here?
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: new member/old car

Post by irowiki »

Ah yes, the first gen hatchback, in SR5. My idea of a dream car.

I had a white 81 four door sedan, my first tercel, I miss it but it was not practical as a family car!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k