One year in and I'm in love

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
zucabird
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel Wagon SR5

One year in and I'm in love

Post by zucabird »

image.jpg
We picked this beauty up just over a year ago. 85 4WD with 350K and still running strong. First thing I did was tune up and suspension work. Just put new cat, pipe and muffler on and will be adding air bags next week. She has a saggy ass end, like most 30 year old cars.
Reading through the posts here has given me hope for a full resurrection to he former glory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: One year in and I'm in love

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

whee are you located? nice work on keeping it alive with that many miles on it. I am kind of curious how you intended to add airbags, do you mean the supplement restraint type, or airbags for the rear springs? I would not want an explosive device going off in my face as a means of enhancing safety, OTOH, airbags for the rear suspension is an excellent way to make the rear adjustable.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

welcome, zucabird. a few members have gone the airbag suspension route here so you might find help if you need it. i had the same problem in my ae95 4wd corolla wagon but ultimately decided to go this simple, cheap, but non-adjustable addition to the rear suspension.

zucabird
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel Wagon SR5

Post by zucabird »

I put bags in the coils and can now ride five deep in people. What should have taken an hour took me six but most of that was thought time. Routing the lines was the hardest part but I feel they are secure...most important part. I'll try to post pictures so you can see how I did it. Pretty ingenious if I do say so. I am in the Bellingham area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.