Tercel 4wd rebuild on a TV show

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Tercel 4wd rebuild on a TV show

Post by Mattel »

So i have just seen 'Mad Max - fury road' which was great fun and I was thinking about what a Tercel 4wd would like like in the post apocalypse. Then I found this. its from a BBC US show with English compares and is a bit of fun. Two teams compete against each other to make a 4wd racer out of 'normal' cars and win stages. Its a bit of a laugh and the Tercel sounds mechanically sick and competes against a suzuki 4wd but they give it a little bit of an advantage in the traction department.

Here's the link to the video!

http://gorillavid.in/7vg3hcytea6x
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Re: Tercel 4wd rebuild on a TV show

Post by Gottolovem »

Very cool the tracks cost between 3,000 for UTV to 10,000 grand For truck size.
Websight says the UTV is rated @3000 GVW.
Would be interesting to see the longevity of a set in real world use
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

The link wouldn't let me watch it.... Got another link?

I approve of the tracks, looks like it adds about a foot of clearance. If it were a sunroof car, I'd add a mount for a flame thrower/machine gun :)

M_M
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

that one should be called "Mad Max-furry road". What is with the dead animal parts?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

that is awesome. and i lol'd at 'furry road.'

btw, i liked fury road too. it had a few lame moments but overall i thought it was really fun. the action was undeniable and it stayed true to the disturbing post apocalyptic imagery of the other flicks. i had been worried it was all going to look like a gap commercial with dusty people but there were plenty of wonderfully deformed, unattractive characters. even some of the crazy vehicles weirded me out -- such strange hybrids of multiple vehicles melded together. super creative.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I will not be able to call that movie "fury road" any more because of the image of that Tercel in my mind.

My wife and friends will think I am an idiot when I call the movie "furry road"...so I will have to explain the reference.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Furry Road - thats classic Petros!

Here's an article about the series. its called mud, sweat and tears. and features some limeys.. (or POMS as we call them in Aus) http://www.bbcamerica.com/mud-sweat-gears/
http://mylifeatspeed.com/5-minutes-with ... okie-ford/
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

Does anybody know where the car went that they used in that specific episode
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)