New Project 84 Tercel SR5 4X4

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: New Project 84 Tercel SR5 4X4

Post by dlb »

all 7 are gone now i'm afraid, the ones i fixed up went to new homes and the two parts cars were eventually hauled away for scrap after being picked over. i love finding cheap ones that are likely to be scrapped soon, fixing them up into good working order, and finding them a new loving owner who will hopefully keep them on the road for as long as possible. i just sold the latest one a week or two ago so now it's time for another break from project cars.
tazoutaw
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel SR5 4X4

Post by tazoutaw »

Am the same way, just that I always over do it, It because I fix them to my standards...enjoy them and then end up selling them, but that's what makes :mrgreen: it fun.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Check the gallery section of the site. There are plenty of our cars on there
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Can someone verify that is the correct kit for tazoutaws car? you have the original carb?
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
tazoutaw

Post by tazoutaw »

marlinh wrote:How about some shots of how that push bar mounts. I like the look of that. Great job on your car.
Attached are the photos close up Push Bar.

The black short "L" bracket is wedded on the frame, (its painted black) the bush bar, at the round end has a nut you bolt on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tazoutaw on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

Thanks for adding those pics.
tazoutaw

Post by tazoutaw »

Question, I hear from different people that T4WD have a hidden 6 speed, if so how to i find it??
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

It is to the far left and up and is only available when in 4WD mode. I presume the gear pattern is worn from your shifter?
However, if you have an AT DLX, you have no 6th, EL, gear.
Check this out: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7988&hilit=shift+stickers
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
tazoutaw

Post by tazoutaw »

Oh, okay, yes I have " EL " gear only good when in 4WD, got it....I was think it was a street 6 speed.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

It is not "hidden" it is only can only used when in 4x4 mode. I have used it on steep wet streets when in down town seattle (a place I try and avoid), in FWD on a steep slope the front wheels will just spin in the wet. So I keep the wheels pointing straight ahead, put in 4x4 and use the EL to get moving. once over the "hump", I pop it out of 4wd and put it into first or second. That way I do not end up rolling backwards into the impatient driver behind me, stalled or spinning my front tires. There are lots of good uses for the 4wd if you only use it when either off road, or when you are not making tight turns on pavement. I use it to isolate drivetrain noise, and it can be used to get you home if you fail anything in the front drive system (several members of this forum had this happen).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)