83 Project

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
atoyta
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 3 wagons now

83 Project

Post by atoyta »

I have an 83 wagon that is not an SR5 but has most of the SR5 features except the inclinometer. I will need to repair a rear end problem (most likely a bearing), find a section from a parts car to weld into the rear quarter panel on the drivers side. I also realize I will have to pull the rear hatch window & the side windows to treat rust before I paint it later this summer. If anyone might have a parts car I can cut the piece out of it would be a big part of the project. The interior is really in fine shape although I did not take pictures. I am also bringing another 83 back from Republic area here as soon as the weather dries out. They replaced the clutch & the car would not shift correctly after the job was completed & promptly pronounced the tranny being bad & abandoned the car to the pasture. It also comes with a title for free so I scored on that one hopefully. I am hoping & thinking that it was a botched clutch job. I am hoping to restore both cars here in the next year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 83 Project

Post by Petros »

Xirdneh discovered once that there is a part of the linkage that can slip out of place when installing the trans after a clutch job. it will cause the shift linkage to lock up if I recall, fairly easy fix that does not require disassembling the trans. It is is somewhere in the achieves, with instructions.

Good score, good luck with it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: 83 Project

Post by terceldude »

Would love to see the progress with this car! :)
K-Business