any slammed, stanced, or lowered Tercel Wagons?

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
drege
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Hadatercel

Re: any slammed, stanced, or lowered Tercel Wagons?

Post by drege »

Naw its not that bad, I bet its well balanced - I bet you could push down on the passenger corner of the rear bumper and the front tire wouldn't even budge, ya godda figgure it's transverse front wheel drive, so all the weight is forward of the door hinges.
It takes more fossil fuel resources to produce new vehicles than it would take to maintain and fuel any 70's or 80's vehicle for a million miles.
cr1d3r
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel Wagon SR5 4WD(manual)

Post by cr1d3r »

I remember talking to ollie on facebook when he posted some pictures of it on a page we follow. I glad you found your way on over to the forums ollie! I still haven't gotten around to lowering mine, I'm working on getting it aligned at the moment and am facing a good bit of problems with it.... I also posted a thread like this a while back talking about how I wanted to lower mine and I got a lot of criticism over it, especially since mine it a 4WD, even though I live in Alabama and there is never any snow here haha. Ohhh well, I still plan on lowering mine just for better handling and of course for better looks! The only way to change the attitude is to lower the altitude right?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

what alignment problems are you having, cr1d3r?
OLLIE86WAGON
My tercel:: 19862WD WAGON

Post by OLLIE86WAGON »

I did a test fit with AE86 spings. Now that I figured out the ride height, I'm have a set of coilovers put in. I drive my wagon 40 miles a day. It's a commuter. Allignment and tires seem to be holding up pretty good. I'll post more info after the coils go in.
cr1d3r
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel Wagon SR5 4WD(manual)

Post by cr1d3r »

It was toed out too far with no more room for adjustment... I had to cut 1/4 inch or more off the ends of the after market inner and outer tie rods. All is fine now though, the alignment shop brought it back to spec!!
4wdEconoBox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by 4wdEconoBox »

Got any updates on this thang Olllie??
OLLIE86WAGON
My tercel:: 19862WD WAGON

Post by OLLIE86WAGON »

The wagon is for sale now. I bought a truck (can't drive a standard due to injury). I'm located in WA state.