"Bullet" ... My Pristine Silver 1985 SR5 T4WD

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Re: "Bullet" ... My Pristine Silver 1985 SR5 T4WD

Post by Gottolovem »

You scored dude :!:
Now if you can get the asking price on the other one your even :wink:
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I installed those Kumho Solus KR21 tires when I got the Miata Daisy wheels for Goldie in '10 and have been very happy with them.
I did get the 185/60R14 size, though, to minimize speedo error.
What is your experience with the 195/70 size vis-à-vis speedo error, handling, and rubbing?
I sure agree with Petros on the appearance of the MR2 wheels! I went with the Daisy wheels after months of fruitless looking for those MR2s in STL.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
BrownBadger
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD Tercel SR5 - The Brown Badger

Post by BrownBadger »

There is no rubbing for me, even at full lock. Handling is good overall. As far as speedo error, I haven't really checked, but it's not a huge issue for me. I tend to run at about 3000 rpm on the highway, which reads at about 60mph. Figure with a 5% increase in tire size this should be 63mph and I'm still under the speed limit. I found these wheels at a pick-n-pull about a year ago. Have been saving them. Definitely a good, stock-feeling, look.