Pics Of my 83 tercel

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
lllmoparlll

Post by lllmoparlll »

tell me what you guys think ?

btw, i want to lift it 2-3 inches....if any of you know how PLEASE TELL ME. thanks
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

BLOODY 56K...
lol.
Well, there are several approaches. There is a body lift that involves spacing the engine x-member (which mounts the engine) down a bit, which moves the sway bar down, the drivetrain down,etc. Of course, that'll also need spacing methods for the rear axle and the front IDS, but by moving these things down, you allow more flexibility in lift height. It both allows the sway bar to be at a more natural angle and lowers the center of gravity. Yeah, lowering down these things negates one part of the lift portion, but if you can get 3 inch taller tires under there, then there is a good lift right there. Just remember skid plates!!

I love these pics... What tires you running? One tire off the ground.. Climbing a sand hill...
Where are you?
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
lllmoparlll

Post by lllmoparlll »

the tires are the stock tires, what ever they are, and this is located in the beautiful southern california.....los angeles
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

nice pics man
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I'd like to recommend that you change out the trans oil...experience speaking..... :huh:

Otherwise...the easiest mod for the T4WD suspension-wise is longer travel shocks on the back....the MA700 are about right except you can't keep the air in them in rough country. This helps keep all 4 wheels on the ground...which I see you are having problems with.... ;)
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...