xaserII's desert rat

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
xaserII

xaserII's desert rat

Post by xaserII »

k i finally took my camera out with me on a day cruise around the town were i live.

i deleted the pics from my host site so here are a couple more.
x
Last edited by xaserII on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Lightning

Post by White Lightning »

Cool pics, someday I'll get a 4WD for me.
1987 Tercel Wagon 2WD (Banzai Wagon), 1986 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 1994 Freightliner FL70 5-ton>Chilliwack, British Columbia
xaserII

Post by xaserII »

hey white lightning im just giving you sh*t man i really do like your car just its way more prettier than mine so im jealous.
x
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

xaserII wrote: this road kinda dissapeared so i had to turn around.
In a 4WD Tercel? :huh:
:D
xaserII

Post by xaserII »

one thing i hate about the terc is that its so damn close to the ground. hey fumes there was these huge ass boulders in the "road" and a bunch of smaller ones covered by sage brush so you cant see em. i didnt want to get high centered :)
no but i drove some really knarly stuff today. been to places i wont even go on my four wheeler i was just too busy driving to take pics lol ya right sure you did...
no i tear this car up quite a bit for being a daily driver.
x
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

xaserII wrote: one thing i hate about the terc is that its so damn close to the ground.
And that handicap makes its capabilities even more impressive. :)
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I took out the rear seats and replaced them with a piece of waferboard hinged on the rail between the rear wheels...it sits on 3 2x4s...saves 50 lbs. Pass seat weighs 30 lbs. ;)

I'd check that trans/diff oil....and watch those rocks.....

If you want it to sit a little higher and handle better on the road...try 2 rubber doughnuts per spring...and for offroad...rear shocks with a longer extended length...keeps the wheels on the ground more.

That pipe on the back is a good idea....best would be one on the front too...both with the bottom edge DOWN below the body seam and tow loops....so when the ends hit...the pipes (bumpers) slide over the ground or rocks. Big plans.....
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

xaserII

Post by xaserII »

hey takza im interested in your dougnut idea... ive got spacers on the rear however im not convinced they do any good. i think the only way to lift the terc is to fabricate a spacer between the strut and the body. and for the rear air shocks. i hate to nickle and dime it to death. i will probly invest in spring compressor/air shocks and give it a nice agressive lift for the bigger rocks. im going to stay with the 13s for now but will definatley look into 14s later on down the road depending on how the lift works out.
as far as the front bumper goes i have yet to hit the ground with it. i think it is good for now. but after replacing the rear its so much better than stock. i used to drag ass in this car so bad.
ya im going to look at the drive train a little more and see what ive got to deal with. i think it will be quite a while before i will have to do something as drastic as replacing the axles i hope... yet i think a lift would just make them wear out faster.
so im not exacly sure on what the future holds on this car.
hey takza id love to see some pics of your interior as well as your motor. ya know i think i will start a new thread for engines.
thanks for your input
x
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

The rubber doughnuts work OK, but aren't really ideal because they limit the compression of the springs..they are easy to do though. I have 2 per spring...the car sits exactly level front to back and handles real well on the road.

The MA700s don't work for serious offroading.

I've hit the front a couple of times, but I think it was just the tow loops hitting...the way I drive offroad usually involves getting the front thru and then going for it...so mostly the back will hit. I bent the left tow loop some and mashed the exhaust pipe.

Your ammo box works pretty well...easier to get to stuff...I used a platform cause my dog stands back there.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

xaserII, stop humbling your car. I think it is awesome just the way it is!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can do those modifications that White Lightning did later on. Besides White Lightning has one that doesn't even have the advantage of 4WD. Secondly xaserII, your avatar is a little sexy. I also want those seats in your Tercel 4wd. They're vinyl and I love vinyl and leather interiors. They are badass!!!! :) :) :) :)
K-Business
xaserII

Post by xaserII »

terceldude hey you can have my rear seats for free just come up here and get them out of my garage. im sick of looking at them.
takza. im not going to spend more money on riggin my lift. im going to do it like dirtmagnet. otherwise you spend more money and more time on stupid shit that i could be spending at the bar. :D
i got the avatar from my bud. we are members of the iaclan for battlefield vietnam. i was ranked 11th in the world before i moved out in the boonies so tercel4wd.com gets most of my attention now that i dont have 3mbps.
im leaving for egypt on the 27th but will give you guys some eye candy before i go.
somebody make an engine gallery thread please. my motor looks pretty good for 135k.
blah blah blah
x
*edit* ohhhhh i prefer cloth. wanna trade??? i want an sr5 interior with bucket seats and the works...
x
xaserII

hey

Post by xaserII »

hey admins 60 kb is alittle small for an avatar. i mean most images are more than that. my gif after resizing it and compressing was 275 kb. oh well...
x

i deleted the index file were my images were and made a new one so the images are not the same. gotta find those pics.....
later