terc delight

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
KZ750
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel sr5 4wd

terc delight

Post by KZ750 »

I thought I would share a few pictures, since my Tercel has come a long way and I haven't been documenting.

I've also started a teardrop trailer that will be light enough for the Tercel.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: terc delight

Post by ARCHINSTL »

You made the trailer? Props!
What is the size of the bed? I take it that it does not have trailer brakes - any prob with inspections (presuming different regs/taxes apply to travel trailers instead of the same chassis used as a flat bed).
Post exterior and interior photos in Off Topic when finished!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

Wow, indeed. Please post more info on the trailer. Is it your own design or one you found? What does it weigh, etc...
walkersimpson
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5, 1984 toyota tercel FWD, 1987 toyota tercel SR5 (shata1)

Post by walkersimpson »

Looking good really like the tear drop trailer been thinking about building one for my t4 going to have to wait for a while due to lack if storage room and also owning a 14' sail boat but really want to make one keep posting as you build would love to see it come together looks really nice already and love the winch on the bumper you made that so clean looks like it came with it, have you tried it out yet to see how your mounts hold up to the stress looks like it would be strong enough
walkersimpson
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Loren you continue to impress me with every project you take on 8)
For such a young man you are clearly very good with your hands when you get to my age you will be a force to be reckoned with :mrgreen:
KZ750
Advanced Member

Post by KZ750 »

Tom- I'll be sure to post pictures when finished. It's a 4x8 harbor freight trailer kit trailer. purchased for $217 with coupon and an extra 20 off. I'm not sure on how it will be registered but I have been told that it goes by weight in Nevada. A friend of mine pays $8 dollars a year for his bigger flat bed trailer. Not too sure why it is so cheap for him.
I'm also looking at a torsion axle set up right now with electronic breaks. Breaking and weight are my two main concerns right now. The torsion axle will also lower the trailer some.

Marlin- I've been reading alot of articles on instructables.com I can't say that i've followed one design in particular, it's kind of a mash up of a couple designs.
the cool thing is, at the stage the trailer is in right now, if I wanted to hurt my back, I could still lift it off the ground a little bit.

Walkersimpson- Thanks alot, I have not yet wired the winch all the way yet, I'm waiting on a big drill bit so I can send the socket and bolt through, to finish bolting the winch on.

I have alot of pictures, should I share them in the off topic?
KZ750
Advanced Member

Post by KZ750 »

HAHAH thanks Dan!
I need to slow my hands down though, I've got way too many projects right now.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

The Terc itself should stay here to maintain continuity. Start the trailer in Off Topic.
Again - Props!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
florykitty
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 83 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5,85 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5,86 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 complete for parts,81Toyota tercel SR5 liftback old school

Post by florykitty »

what type of tires did you put on ?size?i like to put on my tr4 too.Thanks Loren
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

[quote="florykitty"]what type of tires did you put on ?size?i like to put on my tr4 too.Thanks Loren[/quote 195/75/r14 bfg t/a ko
He had to lift the car to get them to fit i have seen them in person and it's super close to rubbing the inside wheel well.
florykitty
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 83 Toyota Tercel 4WD SR5,85 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5,86 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 complete for parts,81Toyota tercel SR5 liftback old school

Post by florykitty »

got it ,thanks Dan,i like the tires but i am not gon do any lift kit to my tr4,i keep them stock no modifications
KZ750
Advanced Member

Post by KZ750 »

Although the tight fit, I can only get the tires to rub at full lock, and it isn't a side wall rub or anything bad. It's tread surfaces rubbing nicely against the the back of the front wheel well. The backs wheels haven't rub yet.
The only lift that I did was a one inch spacer on top of the front strut. Considering how sagged the front springs were, I think this almost brought the front end back up to stock hight. The rear end wasn't messed with.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Nice job! :) Love the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A's! :)
K-Business
bisho23
My tercel:: 1984 toyota tercel sr5 5speed

Post by bisho23 »

what wheels and tires do you have on this and size .. it looks awesome