New Member New Car

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: New Member New Car

Post by dlb »

wow, that looks awesome. did you repaint the window trim as well? it looks great. how long did it take?
Sparkey
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel Wagon, 4WD, Automtic, Barto lift in rear, 1" of lift in front with blocks, 1985 SR-5 Seats, 1983 SR-5 Instument Cluster, Headlights, Trailer hitch, set of roof racks, Lots of Spray Paint,

Post by Sparkey »

Thanks dlb! It took about a 8hrs total maybe, getting the old windshield was kinda a pain. Then I had to take a wire wheel to the rust and treat it. I let the rust treatment dry for a day then Painted.The paint dried for 24hrs but I should have let it set up a little more maybe another day but I had limited time. Placed the windshield in and I let it set up for two days before I drove it Just being cautious because I felt that I should have let the paint set up a little more. I did repaint the trim and windshield wiper arms while I had them removed. The paint on these items were chipped so they needed some clean up. But overall it turned out Okay and I can say "Ive done that" :P
tazoutaw
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel SR5 4X4

Post by tazoutaw »

Great job on your project!