New Member New Car

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Sparkey
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel Wagon, 4WD, Automtic, Barto lift in rear, 1" of lift in front with blocks, 1985 SR-5 Seats, 1983 SR-5 Instument Cluster, Headlights, Trailer hitch, set of roof racks, Lots of Spray Paint,

New Member New Car

Post by Sparkey »

Just pick up my Tercel last night. I can't wait to get started. Seems to run good small coolent leak to fix and timing belt to change.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: New Member New Car

Post by dlb »

welcome, sparkey. be sure to check out the FAQ if you get a chance, as it covers some common questions about things to look for on new-to-you tercs and various mods that many terc owners are interested in. here's the link.

https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7442
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome - is your car one that was listed in our Cars for Sale Forum?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Sparkey
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel Wagon, 4WD, Automtic, Barto lift in rear, 1" of lift in front with blocks, 1985 SR-5 Seats, 1983 SR-5 Instument Cluster, Headlights, Trailer hitch, set of roof racks, Lots of Spray Paint,

Post by Sparkey »

Thanks dlb I Look at FAQ link Now, And Archinstl I found the car through the Tempest search engine, which lead me to Craigslist Portland.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Welcome
First terc?
How many miles?
More photos 8)
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

Thank You, Yes this is my first Tercel. But my forth Toyota had two 70's era Corollas and a 69 Corolla wagon long ago.
My Newest toyota the Tecel has 185,000 miles. I am the third owner. Lady I bought it from got it from her brother in 1996. She said her brother bought it new.
Runs good, shifts good, few minor dings and some surface rust here and there but not any to worry about. Want to get to the wrecking yard to score some parts, Itching for the Weekend!
I will take more photos as I go right now I just have the craigslist Picture posted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

Added some cool new headlight old one had water in them and one was burnt out.
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

My Daughter seems to have taken an interest in my project so she has been helping me clean up the Tercel.
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jamminfargo
My tercel:: 86 Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by Jamminfargo »

I just got mine 2 weeks ago with the same mileage. Love the rattle can upgrade. Looks really sharp all white and black now. yours looks a lot cleaner body than mine. Good score!

Oh and heck yeah on those headlights! are those a sealed unit or are the bulbs replaceable? Looks totally different and sort of Euro
From the South but in Fargo because wife found her dream job
86 Tercel SR5 4WD (couldnt wait for that perfect rust free 22RE 4runner)
03 Mercury Marauder sold 4/5. In mourning
03 Altima 2.5SL (wifes cruiser)
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

Thanks Jamminfargo, I figured I'd clean up the wheels till I can afford to buy wheel and tire's. There lots of tread on the tires that are there so it will be a while unless a great deal comes along.

The headlight's, the bulbs are Replaceble they cost just a little more than the stock headlamps and they are Kinda Niffty. They were 21.00$ with free shipping included the replacement lamps with the lenses.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

Hi Sparkey, What brand are the headlights you bought? Are they street legal?
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

Marlinh they are From a Company called Ikonmotoring on Ebay. Had them on a Nissan Hardbody also they work good Just look different. I see them around on other people car in the area.
This Link Should get you there:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80-87-TOYOTA-TE ... d5&vxp=mtr

Under Product Information it reads:
Our OEM style headlights provide a different look to your vehicle while improve the output of your headlights.
100% brand new headlights
Fitment: Replacement kit for H6054/6052/6054/6014
Color:Clear housing headlights
Kit includes:Auction is for a pair of headlights both driver and passenger side
100% brand new in box.
SAE/DOT approved for street legal.
Bolt-on style installation.
Light bulbs are included with headlight package, otherwise stock light bulb can be used for installation.
Instruction is not included, professional installation is highly recommended.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

Interesting link. It says the lights fit an 87 too, but those lights are different. I went to the Ikonmotoring website and they don't even list the Tercel in their partsfinder.
KZ750
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel sr5 4wd

Post by KZ750 »

Are the headlight housings glass?
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

The headlights I purchased the lense is made of glass.