New Member New Car

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Sparkey
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel Wagon, 4WD, Automtic, Barto lift in rear, 1" of lift in front with blocks, 1985 SR-5 Seats, 1983 SR-5 Instument Cluster, Headlights, Trailer hitch, set of roof racks, Lots of Spray Paint,

Re: New Member New Car

Post by Sparkey »

Added Barto Lift to the rear looks good. Still trying figure the best way to lift the front.I bought Camery springs, then saw the post not to use them. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sparkey
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel Wagon, 4WD, Automtic, Barto lift in rear, 1" of lift in front with blocks, 1985 SR-5 Seats, 1983 SR-5 Instument Cluster, Headlights, Trailer hitch, set of roof racks, Lots of Spray Paint,

Post by Sparkey »

Springs and shocks in place
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

there is info in the FAQ on superior front lift options. see FAQ #10.

https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7442
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

Funny I had pulled the strut springs from a Corolla All-trac first, but then thought the Camery Route sounded better. Guess I should have stuck FAQ #10 sugestion.
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

Went to Pick-n-pull for there 50% off sale just recently and scored some SR-5 seats for my wagon. been working on cleaning out the interior. Lots of dog hair, the lady I bought it from said she used to to take her dogs to the park she didn't want them in her new car. She must of taken them to the park alot. There was tons of hair, and the DLX seat were real dirty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

New to me seats, they cleaned up Okay. I pressure washed the front seats and remove the covers on the rear seats and threw them in the wash Machine.
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

That looks WAY BETTER i love the sr5 seats
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

Thank you Gottolovem, I've been having lot's of fun Making the improvements!!
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

Also added my inclinometer while installing the new seats another gizmo to watch while I drive.
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

looks good! does the 4wd light on the inclinometer light up when 4wd is engaged? i imagine the wiring is all the same as the manual trans but have never been sure.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Oh hey, we have an auto wagon too!
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I love that seat pattern, only came in the '85 model year. The same year as your DLX, you lucked out finding such nice seats of the correct year for your car. nice work.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

I did hook up 4wd light according to your thread dlb on how to do it. Thanks for the great information with nice Pictures.
Yeah Petros It really was luck that I came across those seats. I didn't know that pattern was only offered one year that makes it just a little better!
It's great have a resource like Tercel4wd to go to when you have question on how to fix stuff on your car.
Last edited by Sparkey on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

IMG_1338.JPG
pictures of the outside after clean up
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sparkey
Advanced Member

Post by Sparkey »

finally got around to Checking the sway-bar ends. They didn't look as bad as I was anticipating. I found another at Pick-n-Pull just in case I would find something real bad. Changed out the end bushing to the swing arm and back in business.
Tried to load pictures but was using a new Camera and the File was to large, Guess I will have to use my old Camera till I figure this one out.
Sorry no Pictures.
Got it it was the settings in my new Camera! Oh isn't technology Fun!
Last edited by Sparkey on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.