Fixing Up Jenny

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
LowBuckCanuck
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4wd Wagon "Jenny"

Re: Fixing Up Jenny

Post by LowBuckCanuck »

Petros wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:24 pm looks great. that size fills up the wheel wells very nice. I have been considering going to 15" wheels, but I am concerned about the tires rubbing.

I have 14" now, and it works well enough, but the available types and size tires in 14" seems to be disappearing, just like it did for 13" a decade ago.
Thanks Petros. I'm certain that with a lower profile 15" you wouldn't get any rub. Even with the 25" tall tires I have on, the rubbing is only at full lock. With a more offset wheel this could probably be removed.

There are a lot of nice looking stock 15" aluminum wheels floating around on the used market. These Honda ones cost me $50 for the rims and $25 for the white paint. :D
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

There are also some slimmer 15" tires available now, as some of the newer sub compacts use them. I think some Minis and other small cars use 175/65r15 or something like that. Those wouldn't look as cool but would definitely rub less.
LowBuckCanuck
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986 DLX 4wd Wagon "Jenny"

Post by LowBuckCanuck »

dlb wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:26 am There are also some slimmer 15" tires available now, as some of the newer sub compacts use them. I think some Minis and other small cars use 175/65r15 or something like that. Those wouldn't look as cool but would definitely rub less.
There is a vintage tire size still being sold that a forum member put on years ago; 155/80r15. About a 25" tall tire but super narrow. Pizza cutter style.

viewtopic.php?t=11414