2013 PNW Tercel4wd.com new member welcome!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
wild
My tercel:: 85 SR5 wagon 4WD manual

2013 PNW Tercel4wd.com new member welcome!

Post by wild »

Thanks Synth, for taking a break from your 60 hour work week to welcome me and my pair of 1985 Tercel 4WD SR5 wagons, with your Weberized one. Glad you approve of my new creampuff (75600 original miles) and thanks for the advice on its minor needs.

Now that I have the new white one, my 159,000 mile bronze wagon is for sale, it starts up, but the motor needs overhauling or replacement Synth advises. Otherwise the interior, body, and chassis are in great shape it seems. :| He says it should go for about $1200, anyone interested in a 1985 SR5 4WD Wagon in exchange for 1185 dollars?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 2013 PNW Tercel4wd.com new member welcome!

Post by Petros »

welcome to the forum!

Nice collection! looks like you are dangerously close to being another Terce4wd hoarder! be careful, you can not own just one!

Could you go into more detail about what the engine needs? There are several newbies looking for Tercel4wd to buy.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
wild
My tercel:: 85 SR5 wagon 4WD manual

Post by wild »

Thanks Peter. Although you say I cannot own just one Tercel wagon, my wife says otherwise. Oh well.

As for the engine, I am not mechanically inclined, so I would say it needs a swap out for a new one. When Synth visited Monday night, he said the engine should be torn down to see if it can be rebuilt, or if it needs replacement like this guy did: https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9434 He mentioned that he has some spare engines at his place, obviously he is not married! He works on vintage Tercels, but has a real 60hr/week job as well, so a potential buyer of my bronze one who is not mechanically inclined might contact him for assistance. He is a great young fellow, full of expertise, energy, and enthusiasm.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

wild wrote:Thanks Peter. Although you say I cannot own just one Tercel wagon, my wife says otherwise. Oh well.
yes, that is always the compromises you must make if you expect to stay married. it is the same thing with boats, we have something like 7 boats in our yard (sea kayaks, small sailboats, etc). most of then I have built, she seems to think that is too many boats. I think having about 20 boats is good, she thinks 2, one for her and one for me, is good. so I offer to compromise with her at 11, that is the average of both of our opinions. so I have 4 boats to go!

One of them has recently become a planter, another is now "yard art".

Same is true with cars....
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)