engine swap 3AC to 3A wont idle just wanna...

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: engine swap 3AC to 3A wont idle just wanna...

Post by Petros »

I bought a set of these seals from Rockauto last year, another place to check, great price too. BTW, there is timikin seal that some stores sell that will work but it not the same. It is not as wide and it does not have the dust shield (large rib running around the face of the seal that goes into a thin metal cup on the end of the cv axle shaft). without the dust shield I can not see it lasting very long since dust, dirt and grit will get on it and wear it out pretty fast. the image below is from the rock auto website. BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0523521

'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
gnarnold
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 4x4 with a tummy tuck and a nose job and now a pace maker!

Post by gnarnold »

hello my fellow tercelions! its been a while .no recent repairs except for a new battery .but cosmetically speaking I was just about to be finished with a custom paint job .a custom poor mans paint job that is .
all that I used was about a gallon of rustoleum gloss smoke grey, half a gallon of satin black (for the rally/racing stripes )masking paper tape etc. a home depot HVLP spray gun and my finger prints courtesy of the sand paper

but unfortunately in my quest for tercsconifacation in regards to perfection (and the fact that the depot sells a spray gun that requires an air compressor that they don't sell resulting in substandard quality hence the loss of finger prints i.e. sand paper ) the dreaded orange peel effect has brought me to the point of starting over .and upon returning the spray gun and all of the wonderful crap that is required to use said gun,i am gonna use an air-less
Last edited by gnarnold on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to laugh at the man with a pinto :lol: , until I became a humble servicer of a tercel :|
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

well that (is)has to be the most pain in the ass thing to do im still painting the god forsaken car .ditched racing stripes .all grey now .as soon as I paint it again .for the third time.
TIP:before trying a "paint your car with rustoleum" job as found on you tube make sure you don't do it .if you do be prepared for sanding.lots of sanding .
I used to laugh at the man with a pinto :lol: , until I became a humble servicer of a tercel :|
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

I will never paint another car with rustoleum again Image
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

Well I painted it white .and I did it with a weenie roller .didn't mask .I now can make a rolled on. Rustolium paint job look like a rolled on rustolium paint job that has been wet sanded from here to the moon.not bad .not good .looks like the space shuttle
h
gnarnold
Top Notch Member

Post by gnarnold »

gnarnold wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:57 am ]just wanna know the order of steps to troubleshoot (vacuum lines first or timing etc.)I have to move in four days and need the tercy to help .any and all help in this matter is greatly needed .I know at least one of you masters of the thing called tercel has some hints and tricks that would expedite the resurrection of her royal highness "the tercy