The end all for proper Weber vacuum advance???

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: The end all for proper Weber vacuum advance???

Post by dlb »

so you've set the idle, fast idle, and idle mixtures but are still getting dieseling? if that's the case, check out this good wikipedia page on dieseling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieseling

how many turns out is your idle mixture screw? that will help indicate if the jets are in fact too small, which could cause lean running and thus dieseling. also, make sure you have plenty of slack in the throttle cable.

if your idle, fast idle, and idle mixture settings are good, and your jets seem to be correct, and there is slack in the throttle cable, you might try doing a seafoam treatment on the combustion chambers to clean out some carbon deposits.

good luck!
ripstock34
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5 4X4

Re: The end all for proper Weber vacuum advance???

Post by ripstock34 »

You know, come to think of it I don't think I have messed with the fast idle screw at all because it was never mentioned in the weber sheet that came with the carb. My idle mixture screw is about 1 1/4 turns out after I advanced the timing which seems to be right, I was think about screwing it in even more to stop the dieseling but didn't want to go too far under the recommended turns. I will mess with the high idle and let you know how it goes.
Current Yota's
1985 Tercel SR5 4x4
1977 Chinook Micro RV
1985 Toyota 4x4 Chinook w/ 2LT turbo diesel
1987 Toyota Sunrader 4x4