F- E -E -D- B- A -C -K.......

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I'd like to see people who ask repair questions or try various mods or repairs...post and say HOW THINGS WENT. And HOW YOU DID IT. ANY PROBLEMS? STUFF TO WATCH FOR? PARTS?

This way everyone can learn as far as what works and what doesn't. Be honest.

The kinds of stuff I see posted on the internet and wonder about......

* "this repair is REAL EASY"....and yet a good many people that try the job...mess it up.......

* "I fixed this and I fixed that"...but no details as to how....and in what way......

* "email me and I'll tell you how".........any info taken OFF the list...diminishes the list?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

:P
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Here!...Here!!...The Very purpose of this site is to Share Imformation that helps maintain and improve our Tercel4x's,So Ask-Away! No question is unimportant.I myself,am looking forward to the Half-Shaft Replacement(Jonny~O?) Procedure,Because,Lets face it,where all going to end-up doing(cring!)that one.So consider your questions and parcipitaion an "insurance-payment", an investment for that time you end-up on the side-of-the-road,cursing the day you thought "Gee,What a neet-little-SUV!" Any-way....All kidding aside heres a couple other points.If you dont List your Gen. location and someone finds a great deal in your area,your sh$t-out-of-luck! Lastly,if your changing the Topic on a Tread,Just start a new one,Know ones going to realize you changed the topic three pages down-the-road! Cheer's Alan.
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

Sounds like a good idea to me! I could tell you about my engine swap, but that is the only major thing I have done (it really was quite easy with the right tools). Yeah, information is the key in a group of people who share a common interest. Besides, the more feedback given, the less redundant posts to read for all newcomers.
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Thats actualy a good idea,Fingers.A strait-forward motor-swap is highly valuble Imfo. I would break it down into Three Sections. 1.Special Tools : 2.Special Notes: 3.Main Procedure: :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
sacwac
Top Notch Member

Post by sacwac »

more ideas...

The amount of time to complete the project.

Deviations from chiltons/factory manual.

What tools you used instead of all those friggin Special Service Tools that the manual list.
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

I'll give it all to you guys, just give me a bit to write it all up, and I will put it in the 'repairs section' if that would be an acceptable place. I'll work on it tonight, maybe post it in digests of sorts, that way it isn't too long and wordy. Plus, that way you could kinda jump to any sub-section you may need!
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

I started my write-up for engine swap mania! So far I just have the 'tools' section, and it is a bit wordy, but I wanted to try to make it interesting to read. Anyway, let me know what you all think, any suggestions/comments would be great. I will try to get it all done by the end of the week.

It is in this section of the forum (tercel repair ?s).

Have a good week all!

Helliphino.com