sunroof adjustment

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
steen
My tercel:: 1986 SR5 no mods

sunroof adjustment

Post by steen »

Does anyone know if you can adjust the sunroof? Mine seems slightly akimbo and won't close so that it doesn't leak. Thanks for any input, Steen
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: sunroof adjustment

Post by Petros »

did you try putting teflon or silicone lube on all the moving parts? Sometimes one side drags and causes misalignment. I would try some sort of dry lube. Light oil spray lube works too, but will attract dust and make it stick again later.

Good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
steen

Post by steen »

I just put my bike lube on it but one side doesn't seem to come all the way forward and up. Got any good ideas why my rear speakers won't work?
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Did you check the FSM?
Start with pages BO-61; lots of info on alignment there. Also some electrical info in BE-37 or so.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
steen

Post by steen »

WOW! The FSM is the poo! Luckily I saw the tiny FSM in parenthesis be fore I sounded to ignorant...Everything about adjusting the sunroof.....Thanks Tom M Ciao, Steen
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

check the connections for the rear speakers. if someone had the rear 'wings' out for more storage space they may not have plugged the speakers back in when they put them back. even annihilated speakers will usually make some sound so if that's not it you can check the end of speaker wire with an electrical meter. if you get no current there, check again at the back of the stereo. there might be breaks in the wires somewhere on the way between the stereo and the ends of the wires, or the speaker outs on the stereo could be hooped. on mine, the wires for the rear speakers come out through a little plastic door just inside the rear hatch. the plastic door just snaps in and out, and that could definitely kill a wire over time. if the wires are broken there, just cut the wire where the break is and splice in new speaker wire.
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

Steen,

Sunroofs leak. I've spent the last 6 months trying to make mine not leak on my rebuilt tercel. I completely overhauled and repainted the metal panel as well as threw on a new seal. When it closes it should move forward, stall for a sec then move up a bit. You can space the whole metal panel upwards or downwards if it's high or low. I can post pics of the assembly if you need it, since my headliner is still out.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody