BLARG!

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I was getting ready to head off to school this morning and much to my surprise, the Terc would not start! I ran thru the normal things, loose terminal wires, low battery, power short.. No problem with any of those. When I turned the key, the clock went off (but nothing else showed any dimming or turning off) and there was a complete lack of noise. No starter chatter or low turn speed. Just nothing. I'm assuming it to be the starter or solonoid and will check as soon as I get home... Hope I survive the bus ride >.<
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

the clock turns off? you check to see if you blew a fuse? Maybe the ignition is dead. It doesn't try to turn over at all eh? Does sound like the started might of died, but ya never know. Give us updates, hope ur terc gets better soon! :)
Logbear
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 86 Toyota Tercel 4WD StaWag

Post by Logbear »

My Tercel has to have the clutch in to start. If yours is a manual transmission I guess it could be a problem with this "safety" feature.
"86" Tercel 4wd Daily vehicle
"87" Tercel 4wd Son's car
"87" Tercel 4wd Auto- Spare car
"83" Tercel 4wd Extra spare car
3- "83" Tercel 4wd parts cars
1- "85" Tercel 4wd parts car
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Haha! The power input plug disconnected itself. Lol. So now thats the starter power plug and the alternator plug that have come unplugged. Alternator 4 times. 1st time I drained the battery not knowing what was happening, other three times I pulled over and pushed it back in. Guess when my car won't start I'll know what is likely the issue. Forgot to inspect the odor of the oil though. What kind of detriment does gas in the oil have to lubricity?
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Scientists have discovered that gas in the oil reduces lubricity by at least 30%. Not good.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...