Aisan Carburetors?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
russkiypenguin1
Top Notch Member

Post by russkiypenguin1 »

I found an online reseller at <a href='http://www.nationalcarburetors.com/cat-toyotacar.html' target='_blank'>http://www.nationalcarburetors.com/cat- ... ar.html</a> that sells the carbs with various warranty lengths, but it's the same part apparently. Does anyone have any experience with the Aisan parts?

It looks like the NI 43171 is the correct carb for my application. It's at the very bottom.

Maybe I'll just have to do the rebuild myself and bite the bullet.
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

I'd say grab a rebuild kit. If you aren't sure it's the right carb then you'll end up paying more for it and then maybe even having to return it to the company and wait forever to get the correct part. If it isn't broken, rebuild it :)
russkiypenguin1
Top Notch Member

Any preferance on where to get the rebuild kit? Oreilly's and Napa both stock the kits. Would you replace the float while you're in there?
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Definitely replace the float and go with a recognizable brand?

Mostly just keep everything clean...get the parts in the right order...and tight...without warping anything...be exact about it.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

russkiypenguin1
Top Notch Member

So are you saying that O'reilly's and NAPA aren't any good or that either would be fine? Sorry to be a pain about this.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I really don't know....maybe by the more expensive kit? Either kit will be made by some company...not O'reilly's or NAPA...could ask somebody who rebuilds them.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

dug320
Top Notch Member

Post by dug320 »

Ask a full timer at the counter if anyone has has a problem with matching the parts.

My experience has been that the kits are fairly reliable and any issues usually involve the human component.
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

russkiypenguin wrote: So are you saying that O'reilly's and NAPA aren't any good or that either would be fine? Sorry to be a pain about this.
I had very good luck with NAPA parts. They seem to provide only good quality product lines in my experience.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
arbskynxnex
Top Notch Member

Post by arbskynxnex »

I've had good luck with NAPA also. Action Distributing Inc, and Parts Plus dealers are pretty good too. I'd avoid cut rate auto parts or any store that has cheap in their name, it means cheap parts. I got my rebuild kit and it actually had gaskets for about 7 different variations of the tercel carb. It was kinda confusing trying to figure out if I got all the right parts in though. :o I thought that the jap cars, had stricter emissions, so wouldn't the carbs be different, or would there just be more crap attached to it?
Pandas: Eats, shoots and leaves.
nattyd

Post by nattyd »

napa carb kit for the tercel is excellent,I have very good luck with napa. i would NOT go for discount auto stores the're parts are crap. does anyone make a bushing kit for the throttle shaft(lower butterfly) i noticed a small air leak
russkiypenguin1
Top Notch Member

OK, so NAPA it is! I hoped everyone thought that way, but I didn't want to expose my preference in the post. In general the NAPA guys really have their stuff together. And $10 more is nothing for a rebuild kit. I guess I know what I'm doing next weekend!