Heater hoses

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Has someone got the part numbers and descriptions of the three heater hoses for our Tercels?

Mine blew not too long ago and the muppet my girlfriend got to fix them just cut them short and hooked them back up.

I know they'll be Toyota only parts, however someone must have something that comes close. I can't take mine in as they're swollen beyond all recognition and as I said, cut short.

Any help at all would be appreciated.
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Not sure how computer savvy you are, but there are a couple of Toyota EPCs (electronic parts catalogs) available on the web. 3AC-Power managed to install one on his computer. I used have one installed on mine. The EPC is the same thing the Toyota dealership uses to figure out part #s for you. I posted the links to the EPC downloads somewhere on this forum (near the beginning). I don't have time to find them right now. Anyhow, this program will tell you the part # for every orderable part of your car. It's pretty neat.

You could also just go to your Toyota dealer and ask them to find the parts for you. You shouldn't have to bring a part number in, just a description.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Sometimes you can do two things:

* use regular heater hose and route them in gradual curves so they work. You could find cadmium plated coil springs to put inside these so they won't collapse in a tight curve.

* go to a parts store and check thru their stock of formed hoses to see if any happen to fit

* don't have pics or numbers

<span style='color:green'>>>>> happened to look at my car it it looks to me like the three hoses are all the same diameter and have gradual bends...generic heater hose and about 6 new ss clamps would do it?</span>
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

That's what I'm thinking.

That and replace the cooland and thermostat is happening this weekend.

Should be a whole barrel of laughs.
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"