Toyota does it again........

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Decided to go ahead and replace the rubber parts holding the front swaybar since they have gradually gotten scuzzier over time.

As usual I started thinking and decided that...oh...those few parts might cost $20-$30 or so...

No way...they want around $90 for the (2) rubber pieces that hold it on the frame in front and for the (2) metal "sleeves" and (4) front & back rubber parts that hold the ends of the bar.

I actually paid the local Toyota dealer $66 for the sleeves and 4 rubber parts for the ends (sleepwalking again?)....but have decided to just use the parts to get measurements and then make my own. 10 days to return them.

Sleeves will be made from steel tubing...rubber parts from several discs of rubber belting material. Projected cost...maybe $4-5 tops.

The 2 parts at front on the frame are AOK anyway.

Will post dimensions & pics when finished.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

sacwac
Top Notch Member

Post by sacwac »

What about those "universal" sway bar holders from jcwhitney?

Mine are also in terrible shape...
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

The front rubber on the frame is in good condition on mine...though I do have them shimmed with some thin plywood...the rubber is OK.

It's the stuff on the ends of the bars that is getting loose with mine.

Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...