Transmission location diagram

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Sorry to bother everyone again.

It's about time I looked at the transmission on my Racing Turtle.
Some nasty, whining noises are coming out of it in a few places.

Does anyone know of a location diagram for the various drain, fill and level-checking plugs in the differential, gearbox and transfer housings?

I know there's the online manual, however every time I try to download it, my computer chucks a major wobbly and refuses to talk to me for ages.

Thanks again,
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
Thereminator
Top Notch Member

Post by Thereminator »

Lateer,theres three drain plugs and three fill~plugs(two frount on drive~ side,rear one on pass~side) on the main tranny body.Take them all~off to drain.Fill from the rear~plug with the rear drain~plug about 8~turns loose(allows oil clearance too vary back).The Diff is self explanitory.
Main Tranny=4.1-Qts (partial sinth-90-140 is what I used)
Diff=1.1-Qts :)
1984 SR5~Tercel 4wd-6.Spd<br><br>
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

Well, I upgraded my version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from 4 to 6.0.2. :blink:

Combine that with the Uni's great internet connection, and I got the manual, which is really, really interesting reading. It's going to make my life a *lot* easier. :D

Thanks for the info, Thereminator. :)

Still can't find the blower resistor, though. The manual tells how to test it, but not where it is :huh:
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"