Water injection side note...

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Found that my Tercel has used around 1/2 the oil it typically uses since my last oil change...very likely due to my adventures with <span style='color:blue'>water injection</span>....steam-cleaning the piston rings. So far from trashing the rings...looks like I cleaned them.

This started with a decarboning (1 to 8 mix) and then using water injection at a 25% to 2% rate on and off for the last 3500 miles or so. Some of this time was with 180F heated water that under vacuum probably was close to steam. Also was using MMOil as a top lube during this time. Plus Havoline synth oil.

Am going to consider using a 1 to 8 MMOil/water mix with just enough detergent to keep it emulsified without shaking....and a valve to control the rate (5%-using vacuum) into another car over a period of time with the goal of cleaning the rings.

<span style='color:red'>DUH...forgot that I replaced a leaking valve cover gasket 1K miles ago...but still think the WI had an effect...just not as much. Still good for carbon cleaning at least.</span>
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...